[Web Player] Select Sorting Options for the Library

Hi guys,

I've already asked for support in this topic: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Albums-in-web-browser-no-longer-displ... and a moderator suggested me to submit it as a "new idea".

I'm a free-spotify user, and I'm using the web browser from a windows 10 laptop computer.

The problem, basically, is that in the web browser albums and artists are no longer sorted in alphabetical order, and if I want to play a specific album finding it is not trivial. Just take a look at the attached picture and you'll figure out easily.

Right now, albums and artists are sorted ascending from "last added". I understand that maybe someone would find this organization "useful" or "brilliant", so my idea is either to revert to the old alphabetical organization or to give an option to select the way we'd like albums or artists to be sorted.

It shouldn't be difficult to do it.

Before someone asks: I know that the desktop app works fine, but I haven't got the possibility to install software on my computer.

album_unsorted.png

Updated on 2018-09-22

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Regular

Log in today only to find all my albums are no longer in order. Now I have to use their search option as if I don't even have the album saved. This completely defeats saving them in the first place. Why do they keep messing with stuff that isn't broken. Improvement starts with adding functionality options, not taking. Iam so fed up with Spotify as of late. I have most of my stuff on CD and MP3. I think I'm going to have to drop Spotify if this isn't fixed. Atleast my personal albums and my mp3's are in alphabetical order. Don't need to spend a half hour looking for something to play. 

Music Fan

Thanks to all the guys for the support.

I'm no longer using spotify due to this problem, but sometimes I open it to check if they fixed it and they still haven't.

Keep vote for this idea guys.

Yep, this is a real mess - and several weeks with no response at all? With 3,000 employees you would think someone could find the time to flip the "sort by" function back to "alphabetical".

Music Fan

Just saying...

For me it would be perfectly alright even if we come back to the old sorting (alphabetical order, no option). 

Since now we have this awful way of sorting, I'm wondering maybe someone find it brilliant, so I guess giving the option would be better. But, personally, I would never choose a different sorting rather than the alphabetical one.

Music Fan

Ehi, 33 votes!

Of course they won't listen, but I'm happy to see that at least I'm not the only one struggling for this.

Spotify, as it is now, sucks.

Same here - - do you know a way how to squeeze out a response somehow from the developers?

dumb change...put the albums back in alphabetical order. bye. 

Regular

@Crudelone wrote:

Thanks to all the guys for the support.

I'm no longer using spotify due to this problem, but sometimes I open it to check if they fixed it and they still haven't.

Keep vote for this idea guys.

Exactly. I check it now and then to see if it's fixed. Unfortunately Spotify no longer works on any browsers so it really doesn't matter if they sort it back out anymore. Haven't been able to get webplayer to work on any browsers for a couple months now. I've had to break out my boxes of CD to start ripping them as MP3 now. This is why I will never pay Spotify for music. They try fixing one thing and they break two.

Please spotify fix this on the desktop app. Looking at other articles in the community and via google this has been going on for FOUR YEARS!!! Please just fix it. I am a premium customer and listen to spotify all day every day on my cell in the car and then on laptop at work. SO hard to navigate without alphabetical. you keep closing all the other posts but you haven't solved this issue. Why?

Casual Listener

Spoiler alert: Spotify just wants your money. They don't actually care how much they inconvenience you. Why else would they shuffle people through endless threads? It's your money, your decision where you spend it. Personally, mine won't be to support Spotify.