[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Hi!

Posting this now so that when Windows 10 realeses for lots of devices it would be great to have an spotify app from the beginnning this time!

Miss the Spotify app on my Surface and on my xbox and the app on WP 8.1 is a bit laggy..

Cheers!  

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any more info on right now. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments
PrinsMagnus
Gig Goer

That's not true. I've never had a Windows mobile before the 950 XL and I was able to download the W8.1 app.

Centauri63

Then it is great. One of my co-workers just said, that he cannot get Spotify to his new company Lumia 650, as there is no Spotify in Windows10 for mobile store. Maybe he just didn't find it.

joakimbk

Please make an app for WMP, it dosnt need to be universal, just an app. If you discontinue, its a horrible push in a direction towards lessse OS like iOS and Android. 

jdarchini
Casual Listener
Deezer released a uwa and its good
BazilGr

This is absolutely necessary, especially now that you have abandoned your WP8.1 app. A universal W10 app will run on PCs, Xboxes, tablets and phones. Personally, as a premium Spotify user and a W10 mobile user too, if I have the dilemma I will not change my mobile platform, I will change my music service. Please, don't put me in the dilemma.

z3r0k00l
Casual Listener

@BazilGr I have the same problem.

Not to mention that a Universal App should also work on the Xbox One.

BazilGr

Thanks @z3r0k00l, I forgot the XBox as I don't have one, but I know it is huge. Many people will be happy with a universal W10 app and a lot of people will be disappointed if support for Windows devices (other than the desktop) ends.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-03-14

Hey everyone. While we do support Windows 10 for PC and Windows Phone users, we're marking this idea as Not Right Now. Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange with your feedback!

joeispotify

I personally would love to see a Universal Windows 10 app of Spotify. If the WP8.1 Spotify app stops working in the future, I wouldn't change away from Windows, but change to another music streaming service :( Truly hope that I don't have to make this.

Florentin25
Yes we want an universal app ! I think Windows 10 represent a lot of users for you