Announcements

[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Hi!

Posting this now so that when Windows 10 realeses for lots of devices it would be great to have an spotify app from the beginnning this time!

Miss the Spotify app on my Surface and on my xbox and the app on WP 8.1 is a bit laggy..

Cheers!  

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any more info on right now. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments
Filnor

@Henkk Am I interpreting it correctly that the Windows 10 Mobile app is just a PWA? Or is that an suggestion from your site that they should make a PWA instead of native apps?

oudoulj

Guys, I don't want to be a kill joy but get over it : no one is investing anything anymore on Windows 10 Mobile.

I switched from a Nokia Lumia 830 to a Nokia 7 Plus a couple months ago and will never look back.

Spotify on Android has Spotify Connect and all the rest of the features that the W10M app will never have...

And **bleep** Android 8 is just feature-packed and its store has everyting. #JustMy2Cents

Henkk
Casual Listener

The Android look and feel is horrible and because of the lack of consistency looks like a patch adams kept together with a mix of gaffer tape, ducttape just as much as the junkpiles in Idiocracy.

I'd rather hold Spotify true to their claim.

Tidus1983

Why are you still discussing that? Spotify is a incompetent company who never get it done, now it's over for windows phones anyway. Do the decent thing and change to deezer. I haven't found a single song on Spotify who wasn't on Deezer. The sound quality is imo even better and you have an excellent app for any system you're using. 

Spotify don't want your money and that's their problem. 

oudoulj

@Tidus1983 wrote:

Why are you still discussing that?

Exactly.

Page 132 on this thread... Move on, people...

Staff
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any more info on right now. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Wevenhuis
Gig Goer

@Staff wrote:

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks.

Thank you for your reply and response. Looking forward to this as "under development" in due time.

BMan_au
And that's why I'm now using Deezer.
1 - Their app works!
2 - It's UWP
user-removed
Not applicable

Spotify, PLEASE change your Windows app to UWP please!!!!!

jsimon16
I AGREEE PLEASE