[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Hi!

Posting this now so that when Windows 10 realeses for lots of devices it would be great to have an spotify app from the beginnning this time!

Miss the Spotify app on my Surface and on my xbox and the app on WP 8.1 is a bit laggy..

Cheers!  

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any more info on right now. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

user-removed
Not applicable

With Windows 10 coming in a few months and offering a unified operating system across all devices, I think that it is time more than ever to consider developing a Universal app.

I understand that the Win32 app will need to be maintaned for previous versions of Windows, but consider the marketshare. All Windows 7 and 8.x (non-business) users will receive a free upgrade to Windows 10. One universal Spotify application for PCs, Phones and Xbox will probably be the best! :)

mikael234

Spotify now is the time start supporting the new windows

machinery_1

I'm a reasonably new subscriber... Joined in Dec. But as a Windows user (PC, Phone, Xbox One and Surface RT) I gotta wonder about Spotifys efforts in supporting the Windows platform. Kudo's for the recent WP app update being the exception. I want a quality experience for my subscription on all my devices. Windows 10 universal app model is Spotify's way to deliver.... Get on it! We don't want another 2 years worth of bitching, moaning, pleading... and dammit! ..alright... outright begging. 

christvedt
Casual Listener
With functional Connect.. Please!
Swanny
Community Legend

A universal Spotify app for Windows 10 and Xbox would make me so happy :D

Alejado

Spotify on Desktop is a great app but I feel like the UI could be a little refined : there is too much things on the current desktop version. Maybe a Windows 10 universal app could be more similar to Spotify for iPad. It would be great and likely to be used by millon of Windows Users across all their devices (with Windows 10 of course). 

Thanks 

connecttowin

Very dissapointed in Spotify.

Why bring out an app for windows 8.1 phone and then no support for connect?

I hope it will be fixed in windows 10.

I DON'T WANT TO BEG FOR IT, JUST FIX IT.

thanks

Dargonet

I really hope that there will be a universal app. Otherwise I'll have to grab the integrated music service, which is already running much better under Windows 10 than under WP 8.1.

The desktop app right now is perfect, but the smartphone Apps are somehow slow, especially on Windows Phone.

Ale899

Universal APP with connect !!!!!:womanmad: