[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Hi!

Posting this now so that when Windows 10 realeses for lots of devices it would be great to have an spotify app from the beginnning this time!

Miss the Spotify app on my Surface and on my xbox and the app on WP 8.1 is a bit laggy..

Cheers!  

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any more info on right now. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments
colbrook32

Windows 10 has just been released and the app intergration I feel is excellent. I would definitely download an app to use. I currently use the desktop version.

😄

steppyhen

A Windows 10 app is definitely something I'd like to see. Using Spotify on my Surface is cumbersome at best...when the screen goes off the music stops!

There are roughly 18 million Windows 10 users already 6 days after release, so Spotify should tap into that market with a proper Windows 10 app 🙂

SubzeroSC
Roadie

We didn't get a Windows 8 or 8.1 app but the dream still lives. Maybe just maybe we will get a Windows 10 app.

kiwilander

PLEASE make a windows 10 friendly app. I really like Spotify, but the longer it takes before I can get a functioning spotify application on Windows 10 the more likely I am to switch over to the Groove music streaming service. Presently, on my Surface pro 3:

- I can't even use the touch screen to click on the search box, which means i can't even look up music anymore, which effectively makes spotify useless on my surface (unless I have my mouse or keyboard plugged in).

- I cannot lock the screen and keep spotify playing in the background (which Groove music does)

- other usual complaints, eg. poor screen optimization, fiddly buttons for a touchscreen interface...

I WANT TO USE SPOTIFY BUT RIGHT NOW I JUST CAN'T - Why would I stick with the premium service without these basic functionalities? I continue to defend Spotify against Taylor Swift so please don't turn let me down!

lotsacaffeine

We already have an amazing desktop app for Spotify, and a decent app for WP 8.1. The best solution at this point is to make a universal app that will rock windows across the board, including Xbox! Would be super amazing 🙂 Thanks!

sigutatch

Yes, this is necessary for a lot more than just UI powered devices. Imagine having Windows 10 IoT running on a speaker system and being able to say "hey cortana, play peanut butter jelly on my lounge speakers". That would blow everyone's minds.

Sledgebam

Yes please! I would love to have Spotify on my Xbox one and Surface Pro 3 as well. The current Spotify application is obviously really bad when it comes to touch and even with mouse is not convenient to use on a high DPI display.

Mikero88

I would like to see a universal app as well.  I hope someone is developing this.

Maetco
Roadie

It really is now or never Spotify. WIth Universal app you should be able to provide proper official support to Windows based PCs, phones, tablets and consoles efficiently. So far the mobile support has been anything between horrendous to ok.

bigbsmartone

I keep going to the Windows 10 store every week in the hopes that there will be a new Spotify app waiting for me. Please create a universal app that runs accross all Windows platforms!!!