Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Automatically follow artists whose songs are saved

I went to go to my artists tab on spotify to find ideas for what to listen to today, but it's been utterly butchered with the new update. Now, you have to follow artists individually instead of being able to see the artists of all your liked songs. This is a regressive change, and very inconvenient. I can still go to my own likes songs and sort by artist there to get a list of all my artists, but that's really inconvenient cause I have to scroll through all of the songs by one artist in order to get to the next one. Plus, if I wanna play just my liked songs by an artist, I have to type in the artist's name in my liked songs playlist instead of just going to my artist library and tapping on that artist.  please fix this.

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi everyone.

We're not planning any changes at the moment, but please keep leaving your Likes and we'll come back if we have news.

Comments
CL-NDelta

Now that I have completely DISABLED NOTIFICATIONS for all artists to avoid notifications spam from several hundred artists, what is the point of following an artist other than to follow them ALL so that I can tap on the Artist tab in the Android app and Filter to sort by artist in order to get an alphabetical sort?

I didn't want to disable all notifications because for a handful of artists I really would be interested in getting the occasional notification that they are coming to town or have a new song or album out.  Maybe we need a new feature request - enable local appearance notifications, enable new material notifications.

I have really enjoyed the Spotify service but this particular issue has become a farce in the spirit of the Month Python Dead Parrot skit.

msenyonyi

This is such a stupid UX design problem and there is no reason for this issue to exist. Why would I not be able to sort my liked songs by Artist? Was thinking about switching to Spotify but I'm going to stick to Apple Music now. So silly. Bad design, bad engineering, bad user experience. 0/10

I am desperate for this to become an option. I favourite and download songs and albums, but in the iOS app my Artists tab under Your Library is completely empty because I don't choose to "Follow" any artists. And I am not prepared to go back through all the artists whose albums/songs I do have favourited and have to tap 'Follow' for each one - that's madness! So annoying. I expect artists to appear in the Artists tab if I like or download their music.

UPDATE June 2020 - I’ve now moved to Apple Music. Bye, Spotify. 

lnsaniac

Please just get rid of that new UI and bring back the old UI/Library Spotify!! I dont want a list of recommended Artists/Albums in my Library, i want to see a complete List of all Albums/Artists i have liked Songs so i can scroll through them to find something i forget a name of. Recommendations can be made on the Spotify start page but not in my Library!!

andank

You guys seriously need to bring this back. I hate the way Spotify is organizing my library now. I’m not going through an artist’s entire catalog to find a few songs that I like.

The only reason why I’m currently staying with Spotify is because of how I can filter inside my playlists. You guys are gonna make me switch if you guys keep messing with the UI.

4rturo

The library redesign is the main reason why I switched to Apple Music. The recommendations there aren’t as good and the UI on desktop is a mess, but hey, at least my library is organized as it should be: by songs, artists, or albums. 

ccolg

I 100% agree with this post. This ruins my Spotify experience and has been nothing but frustrating. I can download an album, like a song, or follow an artist but I have no idea how they work together.

It's almost like your UX department made personas and completely forgot about people who don't use playlists. What happens if I just want to search a really long list (my music library) in a hurry? In the order of search time it goes: songs, albums, artists. Except in this case, Spotify has decided that the artists tab should be dedicated to "Following". What does it even mean to follow an artist anyway?

All I want to do is add a song or album (or artist) to my library. I'm not a playlist person, I typically browse my music and pick the songs I want to listen to. I have to search my entire music library by albums because the artist tab isn't linked.

I'll be switching to Google's service because it looks like Spotify has fully bought in to this terrible design.

Coaxsist90

This change was stupid inconvenient as **bleep** for most end users including myself and I'm still mad about it MONTHS later. It fundamentally changed how I (now struggle to effectively) use the app without any warning or consent. C'mon Spotify, YOU'RE BREAKING MY BALLS HERE. I'm seriously considering alternatives if this is the BS I pay for.

I dont dont stand why you have to 'follow' everyone under the artists tab.. why does it not show all artists you have in your library by default??? Non sensicle. 

I only want to 'follow' artists i want notifications on. 

Spotify please explain the logic???

visupac

The "new" update is a huge step backward! Please replace the Artists name! Who cares what the "#" is? I don't care what the album cover looks like nor do I care about the name of the album! Song Title - Artist - Date Added is all that is important. Please fix your error!