[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-03-07

Marked as a new idea and changed the title slightly :)

Comments
alexandero11

UI design positions seem to only be open to people who don't ever use the products they create and don't understand life. Google is the worst offender with Material design. So much wasted space everywhere, so many removed features. But this is different since it's a paid service, many people on spotify's team need to get fired over various decisions (the casting mess, confusingly bad UI decisions like this, autoplaying videos that hide playback controls on a MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE, etc...). 

Iliekfreezies

I hate this new update. I want to be able to see all my downloaded songs without having to like all them individually or add them to a playlist. The artist tab is very annoying as well. If I want to listen to just one artist I either have to have all their songs in a playlist or queue up all their albums instead of just one easy click. Spotify has always been so useful for me but this is really proving to be a pain and I hope they rethink this design update and revert back to its old design, or at least take these comments into consideration. 

nug21
Casual Listener

Absolute garbage this latest update.  Where did all my artists go?  I have to search for all of them again and follow them now?  What if I want a particular song, I can't just browse for it in my collection - especially if you're offline.

How did this get through the initial testing?  C'mon guys!

KrisPWales
Regular

Spotify needs to be reminded that they are a music service and not a social media site. If I want to follow artists, I can do so on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or many others.

What possible reason is there for the artists tab to not be a list of artists I have albums saved for? When I click an artist in my artists, I want to go to the albums I have saved for them. Not their profile. And what good is a massive list of "liked songs" when you have 10k saved?

The decision to abandon the artist/album filtering system that has been used not only since the invention of digital music players but since the concept of record albums themselves is unfathomable. Are there no music fans left at Spotify?

Rising Star 16 mosohodPeti
Rising Star 16

This isn't a bad idea! I don't think that the old UI should be brought back for everyone, but to have it as an option to turn it on like on YouTube, the new dark mode.

Rock Star 18
Rock Star 18

You got my vote.

Sani1
Casual Listener

Is there a fix yet? I'm at the point where I want to cancel my subscription and uninstall. 

Koningpaul
Music Fan

This is insane, what are they doing to us? My recent songs are gone, my added artists are gone, what in gods name spotify, what are you doing?

mmrrzz

Previous layout wasn't ideal but now .... wth? All my songs was put in one playlist ... let it be, but why blo.ody he.ll Artists and Albums are empty? I don't ask for it.

Why, if I even add Album, I see all songs not only these which I like? Previously was good, why did you changed to something awful?

Will you bring back old functionality or should I look for something else than Spotify?

aileeee

I am a long time Spotify user and had no problems with the old interface. I had found out that there was a new look after one of my friends had updated their app and hated it, so I didn't update mine. However about two weeks ago I opened the Spotify app and went to the library and instead of seeing my recently played and a list of tabs for songs, playlists, artists, etc. I saw the new layout with the music tab just being my playlists. As someone who doesn't use playlists that frequently, this was extremely frustrating, especially after I decided not to update the app as so not to get the new update. I like to go into my saved songs and scrub through the alphabet on the side to find a song that I want or I like to go to an artist and play through all of my saved songs of theirs. This new layout only has the artists you 'follow' instead of all artists that I have songs saved from. I despise the new update and don't think that it is very user friendly. I want the old Spotify library interface back so badly that I am considering deleting my account and potentially trying apple music. I am just extremely frustrated and want to continue to love Spotify, but this update is anything but likeable.