[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-03-07

Marked as a new idea and changed the title slightly :)

Comments
pietergerritse
Music Fan

Agreed!

And for some reason, I'm now missing the always-on-top-search bar. I have to scroll up and click search to start searching.

To make it even more annoying, when I logout the desktop client and login the same desktop client with a different account, the always-on-top-search bar is back! So the missing search bar is a user setting?? Why would you even want to be an unpredictable piece of software?

Hexadecimator

Spotify version: 8.4.97.807

Where did the easy to navigate "recently played" music list go???

Whose decision was it to remove the recently played music list from the "Your Library" page of the Android spotify app? It feels to me like the people in charge of Ux design for spotify are NOT actually spotify users, or they would understand how insane it is to have removed this feature. The Android spotify app is becoming so cumbersome to navigate. This issue is most apparent when I am in my car trying to just continue listening to an album I had been listening to previously. Navigation went from 3 button presses maximum with minimum attention required from me to a frustrating scroll through a weird horizontal menu that I have to seemingly scroll down some random distance to get to on the home page. 

Please re-think this Ux design decision and also please make sure that the people who are in charge of making the Ux design decisions actually use the spotify app so they can have an idea of the actual real user experience flow

Jasewilcox

Dear Spotify 

Many years ago I collected singles and albums.  Much like everyone else, I stored these in alphabetical order by artist.  I then progressed to an iPod, and the designers of that decided that people liked to sort their music by artist name, and built this feature in.  Spotify came along and followed the same layout that had worked well for users for many years...and it worked!  Users signed up in droves, and all was going well.

Then, one day, a Spotify designer had a brainwave.  ‘I know...let’s give the users a completely different interface.  They don’t need to search by artist’.  

Really?  There’s an old saying, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  It wasn’t broken and you fixed it anyway.  Spotify is now broken and will haemorrhage users if it isn’t rectified.  You tried to be clever, and messed up.  Please fix it or roll back to the previous version ASAP.

deserae215
Regular

Ive already been **bleep** that I can't play all my saved songs from one artist, and now I also just discovered that saving an album does not save all the songs!! **bleep** this update! I've been a premium user for YEARS, but I'm only gonna pay for this **bleep** service for another two months to fix this.

Shspresto20
Regular

JUST POSTED A NEW IDEA. Its called " I will leave Spotify on April 4th" Please go vote on it. If spotify doesnt remove the update by then, I and hopefully everyone who votes on it will leave. Hopefully if we can get hundreds of votes like this post has we can help get this fixed.

Koningpaul
Music Fan

Its insane that we even need to do this, what are they thinking?

FleurLN

The fact paying customers have no way to find a solution is concerning, and they managed to make me look at Apple with a new eye.

I lost I would say around 3/4 of my library. Afters years paying for a service and being let down, leaving for another app suddenly doesn't seem that daunting. I was already annoyed with the app being unstable, with the new lay out of "trendy" playlists, with the videos (who **bleep**ing cares, this is not Youtube), but seriously, when even outlook managed to do a better job than you warning their customers... I mean, to me, again, it's crazy. This is not Tumblr, many of us are paying. Well, after reading this, many of us won't after this update.

Caville
Music Fan

The new UI supports zero logic. It's a reason to cancel spotify entirely.

aidirocks

Agreed! Also need to bring back ‘recently played’ in the library bit!!

isaac_north

This update is completely and utterly infuriating. The old UI was sleek, streamlined and took seconds to find what you were looking for. 

Out of everything most, I miss having the music I've recently listened in the "Your Library" menu, where I can comfortably view all the tracks/albums/artists/playlists that I've most recently listened to in simple scroll of a page, not making it such a hassle to go back through my most recent music.

Spotify, please revert to the old UI. This regression of your UI update is just a progression in the user's experience.