[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-03-07

Marked as a new idea and changed the title slightly :)

Comments
WCB8

I’ve been constantly updating my app in desperate hopes that Spotify will fix this. A month later, still nothing. I unfortunately think I’ll be switching to Apple Music. 

vesprlynd77
Casual Listener
Do it! Don’t look back.
clantonnn
Casual Listener

My biggest problem with this is how the artist tab works. Used to I could just pull up the artist tab and all my saved music was right there and they have made it to where the artist tab takes you to the artist page which is super inconvenient. I've sent a couple of emails asking if they have plans to fix it but I'm getting the vibe that they are not

Lurgenda

I literally had to completeley delete everything a.k.a. close my old account, then open a new one to get "used to the new design" you want to know why? Because I was so sick of having a huge playlist with everything i had saved in it, it had every kind of music you can think of in it and just obsolete.When i only have EDGE available it was inconvenient that i had to use the artist page since it just wasn f*cking loading anything but the albums where downloaded.

Yes, I could just moved to the Album part to search there or search for the specific album name but thats just not working at all, before the changes i just had to scroll through say 20 artists and when i was on the right one, i just had to click on it. Now say the 20 artists have 4-5 albums average. I would then have to scroll through 80 to 100 albums, just to find what im looking for. 

Edit: I had hit the limit of saved songs in the library btw. that are 10k songs. Im now down to 200-300 songs, thats roughly 3% 

btw. where is the convenient download all button now? previously I just had to hit Songs-> Download all

ChrisA1999
Music Fan
I have exactly the same problem as above.
Before it was intuitive.
Each page seems a lot slower to load now also.
... It was instant before.

As a result I no longer recommend Spotify to friends and family - I know
they would struggle to use it.
ReneG2

I despise the new Spotify version.  Please bring back the old one or I will unsubsribe and sign up with another music service. 

And you should also fire whoever came up with the idea of the new setup; this has to be one of the worst update of any phone apps in the history of apps making.  I am trying to be nice here (good Canadian!) but man this update is terrible!!!

ANXIETYSPOON

I ended up cancelling my subscription. If they want it back, they'll bring this feature back. I don't  understand why you would take away features that your customer base depends on. 

Danester

Horrible update!!! If the UI isn't changed back soon I'm cancelling. It's a deal breaker. Or bring back searching by Artist.

hphuhtin

This horrible new UI will push me back to Apple Music.  I want my music, not podcasts and playlists. 

fodare
Regular

Hurry up and fire all of your newer coders, get the people back you had at first. They actually knew what they were doing.