[Your Library] Bring Spotify's old UI back

So Spotify for whatever reason decided to make the app as inconvenient as possible. The previous set up before this new update was so easy to navigate, find the artist, songs, radio stations, and podcasts whenever I hit the library icon. Now I have to search for and add all these artists basically all over again and frankly I'm pretty mad about it to the point where I want to cancel my subscription. Whats even more frustrating is trying to contact Spotify themselves so I can complain in hopes of actually getting something done about this is like a game and seemingly impossible to get a direct hold of. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Can someone please help fix this? I just want the old spotify back.

Updated on 2019-03-07

Marked as a new idea and changed the title slightly :)

Comments
Killah_Dillah

Agreed with what other are saying!!

This sucks! I can't search by artist anymore - all my artists are gone and I have to follow them now?

SPOTIFY WAS GREAT THE WAY IT WAS!!! 

Please put it back to the previous version. This new layout sucks. If it stays this way, with the new update, I'm moving to Google Play.

aiden_mcneil

SERIOUSLY!! The update is complete **bleep** and this seems to be the only way I can get this feedback out if they even look at this. I hate how I can't just go to recently played or even go to my artists, which they all dont show up. Also, I hate how when I click on the artists I do have it just takes me to their page and not the songs I have saved. I don't want to have to search for what I want to listen to or go to a playlist of all my saved songs. I thought maybe it was like this because I didn't pay for my subscription on time but I got it back and everything was still the same. GO BACK TO HOW IT USED TO BE!!!!

Aireen

I am a dedicated Spotify user, music takes up all my day. With the new interface, where the Songs tab is nowhere to be found, I would have to create 1 giant playlist so I can play all the songs I like in shuffle play. Liking an entire album does not save it under favorites, but under albums, so you can’t like an entire album, otherwise it won’t show under favorites. What nonsense is this? Spotify was fine  days ago. When I asked support about the interface change, she answered the generic “to make it easier to find music that I love?” I already loved/liked those music and you messed it up for me.

shadblik

Done with this rubbish. Will be cancelling my subscription unless they bring back my saved songs under my artists. 

yoloswagga47
Regular

I have this issue too.

I always separated my saved single songs under Songs, and then saved my favorite albums under Albums. Now when I go to the Albums tab, it's a mess of all the album covers of the single songs I've saved. And when I hit the 'Save' button on an entire album, it also pushes each individual song to my Songs library.

If this is the way Spotify organizes it now, what is even the point of having separate Songs and Albums tabs? They are the same libraries now, but one is displayed as a list and the other as an array of album covers. This is incredibly frustrating and after 2 years of paying Premium and never having an issue, I'm ready to leave the service if it doesn't get fixed.

AndrewH2003

This has probably already been said, but it is impossible to find the queue on mobile now. You have to add something to your queue, and then when that runs out you can't access it again. This whole new update ruined the mobile experience, not to mention it runs slower. Spotify had a system that worked, but then may 2-4 weeks ago an update came that crashed spotify frequently. Then a week or 2 after they fixed it, they add in this new update. I'm getting very frustrated, and the only reason I still use spotify is because the student discount makes it much cheaper than other music services; and up until now I much preferred it. 

AndrewH2003

So I just found the queue, but it takes many more clicks than previously, and is hard to find. Good job spotify.

Chatterbox2002

I absolutely hate the new update (I’m on ios).

The fact that I can’t access the queue and repeat controls from the main interface is super annoying. Editing playlists is a nightmare (it opens the playlist in a new tab and I have to scroll to where I was on the original playlist to delete songs, which is cumbersome to say the least.

From a previous update, but the fact that the Home and Browse tabs were combined and the Search tab was combined with certain Browse elements has made the UI confusing and clunky. The “save” plus sign being replaced with a heart and “like” is another downside. 

The entire update is a hot mess and I wish either it would be reverted, or there would be customisation controls for the UI. Otherwise, I most definitely will be switching to Apple Music. 

Dalibor
Casual Listener

I'm listening to podcasts on windows and android and Spotify really needs to work on basic user interface elements. My standard podcast setup is: show unplayed episodes sorted by date. It it that hard to make this simple function work properly? If you're Spotify, it obviously is.

1. especially on android my filter gets cleared every time i quit the app, so I need to set it up again and again and again
  2. after listening to podcast episode, the episode is often not marked as played, so filtering them is pointless
  3. podcast 'Conan O'Brien needs a friend' - for some reason the episodes of this particular podcasts not only can't be marked as played, some episodec can't be played repeatedly.

As far as I know Spotify is investing heavily into new podcasts, but terrible user interface and non-functional apps are ruining user experience. Testing dear Spotify. Testing. Google it.

FabricioBR
Casual Listener

I'm having the same issue with Spotify. They always remove good functions in ther update and put stuff that are just not good (hello heart icon). I've come here to complain about the Download section in my Library that went missing. So important and they just remove it like it was nothing.. I'm constantly without internet access, so I used to use that function to filter what I could listen. 

Seriously considering on moving to their competition if this is not back by the next update.