Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
Randomkg

This is a mind numbingly stupid update.   How have they not rolled back to what works yet?  It’s time to jump ship and go to a competitor after 4 years.  “Follow” an artist?  Get out of here with that!  Just let me see the songs I liked grouped by artist, it’s such a super obvious thing to do.

Herbie1963
Well said.
Herbie1963
Great comments!
Couldn't agree more...
sunnymock

This is finally fixed on my client! Saw this was fixed on my mobile and desktop client. Can't believe Spotify ever though this was somehow a good idea.

@sunnymock Could you be more specific about what was 'fixed'?

momanem35

Based on sunnyock's comment above that it was "fixed" I downloaded the app to look.  It is not fixed.  Ugh!  What a garbled mess the artist and album pages of my library are!  Unless this gets fixed by the time I pay for next month, I'm moving to Amazon Music.  There's a service called MusConv that I'm looking at to transfer my playlists so I don't have to start from scratch.

It's possible his app is different. That is how Spotify works. Updates don't roll out to everyone all at once and if you are a beta or alpha tester your app may be different too.

jay2thac
It’s fixed for me also, not exactly the same as before, but at least all
the artist that I like a single song on is available again.
momanem35

Fingers crossed!  I'll check every couple of days or so to see if mine updates!

bhare

With the recent change to My Library, I cannot understand why the REMOVAL of a basic functionality of any music library was pushed forward. And no, despite what your customer service representative said, my concern is not that the "changes in the interface can pose difficulty because [I] will need to learn to navigate through the new system", because I'm not a simpleton or a luddite. 

Things I should not have to do:

• Follow every single artist (600+ in my library) just to be able to sort my entire library by artist alphabetically like I used to, and like every other music library service allows. 
  • Follow an artist in order to be able to listen to my library of their music. I unfollowed all artists on my account, now I don't even have an option to look at my any of my library aside from "Liked Songs", which doesn't include every song that I saved - because albums aren't saved into Liked Songs.
  • Like every song in an album I just saved in order for it to show up in my Liked Songs list. 

You've made it harder for me to actually find my music, and that's bad design. 

What you COULD have done:

• ADD FUNCTIONALITY to either SORT or FILTER your artists list by favorites. 
  • ADD FUNCTIONALITY to either SORT or FILTER your songs list by favorites.

Sorting capability was already there, like it has been in pretty much every music library program. Even basic FILTERING capability was already implemented. 

This, to me, is a basic and core functionality of any music library service, and the removal of it is absolutely baffling. As a result, I have cancelled my Premium subscription until the issue is fixed. The comment from your Customer Service rep as described above only further solidified that decision.