Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
Jkofsky-US

Yes please! Can they fix this already! This is the most common way I looked through my saved music, I dont get why they would remove this option!

ChrisA1999
Maybe 'the Fix' is being rolled out slowly?

Everyone thought the new User Interface was rubbish. It makes sense that
they are doing this.

I hope and pray this finally happening. Rejoice! It seems I'm going to get
my beloved music library back!!!
overwilhelmed

On my phone, artists take me to the songs I have liked, both individual and songs on an album. 

Now if they would simply fix alphabetical scrolling, I might be able to live with this.

This update feels like my landlord came into my home, broke half of my things for no reason, and is slowly repairing the damage. I guess I should be grateful?

rs3436

THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED. This new feature is horrible. I also miss how in the old version, all the artists were listed ALPHABETICALLY. Now it is complete chaos.

overwilhelmed

@rs3436 - The issue of sorting alphabetically can be solved by pulling down the list of artists from the top. There should present a search bar and a filter menu icon. Selecting that icon should give you the ability to stort by artist, title, recently added, etc. If you aren't seeing that, there may be something wrong. 

That said, there is still a lack of an alphabetical quick jump on the right hand side of the menu, making navigating without scrolling very cumbersome. 

rs3436
I know that but I don’t want to to keep scrolling down to reach the artist I want. Before we could see all the artists in alphabetical order and then click whichever we wanted to. That’s how a music app should be. Why should i keep using that filter option in a list of more than a thousand songs? Very inefficient.
overwilhelmed

@rs3436 - I agree - I just wanted to make sure we were talking apple to apples. I miss that scroll bar very much however I think it may need to brought up in a different thread. 

overwilhelmed
Johnnyyuma57

Please just restore the old version with “Artist”. It was so much easier to create playlists from artist look up. Otherwise many users will jump ship.

Staff
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-07-15

Hi everyone, Spotify Staff here. We want to let you all know we appreciate you bringing us your feedback around the changes to Your Library and the Artist Pages. We're reading your comments and taking in your feedback. 

Right now the status on this Idea is 'Not Right Now'. However please know if any changes are made to Your Library and the Artist Pages we will let you all know here first. 

Please continue to leave your thoughts in this thread--the more specific the better so we can understand what you'd like to see in the product. Thank you