Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
tyler_u

It's really sad that every request i see from paying customers is a no from spotify.
People are asking for features that are on other services, or have been a spotify feature in the past...

bfedie518

This happened because Spotify has changed the way one's music is stored.  Users no longer have a comprehensive library that contains ALL of their music from which they build playlists.  Now everything is playlists, and what was the library can now be considered a default playlist to which Spotify has a built-in shortcut (the heart icon).  Bringing back this functionality would require another rework of how music is stored--very unlikely to happen.

Solution: Add an option to filter a playlist by artist.  The function to search in a playlist already works.  Simply add an option to search only artists.  It's not exactly the same, but people who use their "Favorites" playlist like the old "Library" function can use this to fill the role the old artist page had.

An option like "See songs in Favorites" or "See saved songs" could also be added to the artist page.  This would bring the user to the same search/filter in the Favorites playlist above without the user having to actually use the search function themselves.

sparkyincolo

I'd rather see whats in my Artist Libray so maybe I can play a song from that artist and not have to bounce around looking for it. As they say.. "if it ain't broke, Don't fix it" because all it does is screw people up on finding things and makes them want to go somewhere else. and I'm starting to feel the same as most people. I like spotify, But I have no problem switching over to something else.. 

jph2797

This really is the most important item re: the heavily misguided UI update. In my mind this is the most egregious in a long line of UI updates that strip user functionality rather than expand upon it. I genuinely see no purpose for the removal of an ability to sort by artist with ease. The artist page now provides nothing of value, whereas before it provided a function that meets the bare minimum of what would be expected from a music library. Genuinely confusing and frustrating that I know Spotify will not be providing an explanation for this change, which I can only assume is becaus no good one exists.

Been a premium user for years and now can't properly search my saved library. I'm sick of the updates that make this app less awesome. You just lost a family subscription. Well  done  spotify.

qrty

@Spotify, do not consider this as an idea. They are just saying that you are making the whole app a nightmare. So it is not an idea to implement. Spotify was good. Now it is more and more useless everyday

LunarAtlas

I'm about to jump ship to Apple music as well. This is a terrible inconvenience to not be able to simply shuffle through the songs I saved from a particular artist. So far, I have yet to read any valid reason for this change. 

smashb

"Not Right Now", meaning we made something worse for no reason (at least not one that's been properly explained) and we're not changing it back even though nobody wanted it changed in the first place because Spotify decided to make the change in a vacuum? Are you guys hiring? I have 30 years in customer experience management and would be willing to help out.  

Just want to update folks.  Longtime Spotify premium user.  I dumped them and switched to apple music.  It's been a breath of fresh air compared to Stupefy.....I mean Spotify.  Good riddance!!!

talatsu92

I strongly agree with the comments made from previous posters. I typically go to the Artists view to find a song I want to listen to. The current functionality of only displaying artists you follow makes it more difficult for me to find the song I am in the mood for. I normally don't follow an artist and just "Like" individual songs from them whenever I stumble on it. Please consider bringing back the old functionality where the Artist view displays every artist that you have liked a song from, or better yet include a toggle in our account preferences where we can enable the feature. Thank you!