Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
kandi_kit

The artist page no longer shows any artists we have saved, and if we also dont "follow" any, then the page is completely blank. The update to this way of displaying the artist page was a mistake and needs to be fixed.

The vote as to whether to fix or keep this issue was wayyyyyyyyy too short. Not everyone immediately realized the gravity of such a horrible descion being made permanent . Many like my self assumed it was a new setting that could be fixed our selves, only soon to discover this horrible issue is not toggle-able.

@spotify are we going to do anything about this ? Do you care about your consumers at all ? Does what we think matter to you at all ? What is the best way to convey to you how much this issue is a problem for us?

There was no reason to cut this feature out. The only reason I can see for you to have made this decision is that you want us to "follow" more artists, and that is not okay. Taking away a feature everyone uses is a mistake , please fix this asap. Put the artists page BACK to showing all that we have "saved" and not who we follow !

Melody
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

G_Loc

Hilarious.  Make a change for the sake of making a change then revert it a full 14 months later even though users had immediately communicated their displeasure with it.

aruai

I don't see it.

When clicking on the artist the options are:

Popular

Artist's pick

Popular releases

I don't see the songs I saved from the artist ANYWHERE! 

Roflcopteroid

I've just updated on desktop and... Nothing seems to have changed. Artists tab is completely empty.

This has not been implemented. 

This has NOT been implemented!! You really don't get it do you.

WE don't want to follow artists to see their songs. WE want to see all artists!!

Get it for once please

aruai

Maybe you're the one who doesn't get it.

Then topic says it really clearly: [Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

SAVED SONGS! In the artist page.

gabrielpiasseta

I don't see it.

When clicking on the artist the options are:

Popular

Artist's pick

Popular releases

I don't see the songs I saved from the artist ANYWHERE! [2]

This is priceless, they ruin the user experience, forces customer to go to the competitor then almost a year late they said that the feature was implemented, which wasn't. Can this be worse?

Jfrazee
When I go to my artists in my library it says that I have no saved songs by
this artist. This has been the problem, I don’t see what you have
“implemented”. Do I need to update the app?
Jfrazee

This has not been implemented, there are no artists in my library. There are only suggestions of artists for me to follow. We want to be able to browse our saved songs by artists. This app is beginning to feel more like a radio station rather than my personal music library