Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
mb-images

For me it is not the new UI in general but the fact that I can't list all artists I have saved songs of anymore. This is so anoying that I'm too thinking of moving to another platform. I really don't understand why spotify made this change to the way artists are saved in the library. It is no improvement at all it just removed the ability to find the artists I'd like to listen to. I hope this will be fixed soon otherwise I'll have to leave an otherwise good music platform.

bhare

@mb-images 

They've already listed this as "Not Right Now", and the first thread on the Spotify Community criticizing this change was made back in February when they released this update to their initial set of testers. They're getting the same feedback here (still), on Twitter, Reddit, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube, various news sites/blogs, etc.

They don't care. They don't care because they don't have to.

Don't just hope it will get fixed, it's clear it won't. Time to move on. Do like I did, cancel your membership and stop using their service.

Ak232

This has made my spotify useless. If I can't look at the artists like I did before, where I had only saved specific songs/albums, I feel like i have to start over in terms of organizing my music. I also want to be able to look things up by song, not just artist and albums. This feels like a bug and not a legitimate change. I'll probably cancel my subscription if this isn't resolved-it's really dumb.

bhare

@Ak232 

It's not a bug, it's an intended change. I'm just as frustrated as you, especially because every response from the Spotify team is that they aren't interested in making any accommodation or change.

Speak with your wallet, cancel your subscription and move to a new platform. That's what I did. I'm also being as vocal as I can on every platform I can because I actually want to stick with Spotify and will happily pay for Premium if this is fixed.

Roflcopteroid

@ianleadleyI've been using an older app version since the update too, but I'm noticing the updates to how the system itself works are messing that up. You have to save an entire album for any saved song on it to show up with the artist page, even though single songs are still recognised by the count under the artist name.

mb-images

@bhare thanks for the thoughts. I was hoping that 'Not Right Now' means they havn't decided yet. But on the other hand it doesn't really sounds like a fix/rollback is planned any soon. So I now registered for the 30 days trial at Deezer to check out their features and music quality. If I don't miss any crutial features there and Spotify keeps this on hold the chances are good that I cancel my subscription here.

@Staff maybe at least a function to save all artists I've saved music of to my library could ease the pain a bit because I definately don't go through my hundreds of saved albums to follow every arstist by hand.

brandywine92

My app has had this "update" happen and then revert back to the much more logical way of seeing artists, and now back to this horrible organzation. Finding your music is now so much more difficult, why would you take away the ability to sort and find the music you've saved. I keep hoping I'll open the app and it will have reverted back. 

thesaltiest

@Staff Ideally you must restore the traditional library that every other music streaming service has. In the meantime, if you at least offered a script or tool to automatically "follow" any artists once you have "liked" (saved to your library) their song. If "liked songs" is our library now, then WHY DON'T ARTISTS APPEAR WHEN WE LIKE THEIR SONGS?!

If neither of these things happen, I'm moving to Deezer. My only hesitation has been hope of a fix, which sort of died once the idea was marked "not right now." Other than that, it was picking an alternative, but Deezer seems to be a great option. I am saying goodbye to Spotify if this is not fixed immediately.

Randomkg

OP here, this is beyond hilarious that Spotify thinks they’re going to take over the world while lacking common sense library organization.  “Not Right Now” ??? Correct, I’m no longer subscribing.  Want me to pay for third rate software?  My answer:  Not Right Now.

I tried Deezer and the music organization is AWESOME- that is to say... its intuitive and common sense.  It has other great stuff like lyrics on demand, much easier to understand controls, and less scrolling and hunting for stuff.

Peace out Spotify.

Melanie112998

I feel like all my music has been lost and like I might as well just switch over to apple music. Please fix the artists and restore the old way!!!!