Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
ChrisA1999

Totally agree. In my mind Ive basically  lost my collection of tracks. Spotify was effectively my hard drive that stored them ready to play.

Feels like youve deleted that hard drive as it is so awkward to find what I want when I want. Such a step backwards at first I thought you'd been Hacked! Can't believe it's been done on purpose!

Like many others I'm now looking at alternative music providers. 

Dontcryzanzibar

So, you're calling it a "new idea" when in reality it's a feature that you took away for no apparent reason. Alrighty then.

sauer136

I can't believe you let me get used for 5 years to the logic like music >>> auto save artist to artist's menu to then out of nowwhere remove these song's artists from the Artist's menu. How I am suppose to organize my 1415 liked songs?! Scrolling all the 'liked songs list'? Are we back to the 00's? If so let me know that I can go back to Winamp or WMP. At least I can organize myself better in there.

0_4

AWFUL IDEA. TERRIBLE CHANGE. It's that simple. I'd been considering trying TIDAL, and this pushed me to do it. If Spotify hasn't fixed this by the time my TIDAL trial ends, goodbye Spotify.

ardacebi

@Jose_M it looks like this is back. At least in my case which it didn’t previously existed on my phone which is an iPhone. I just updated to the latest version of the client and it’s back!

CD0E310C-AC19-498D-A5BA-10AC773506B5.png

JeremyF

This is by far the most annoying part of the new update. I use Spoity every single day and not being able to access the songs I saved by selecting an artist from the Recently Played section has made using the app super inconvienient. I dont want to go to the artists profile when selecting this way. Ive been using Spotify for years but Im strongly considering switching to Apple Music simply because their UI is easier now. FIX THIS OR YOU WILL LOSE A LOT OF CUSTOMERS, SPOTIFY!!!!!

El___ga

You've just made Spotify useless to me... Congrats!!! =/

Stop copying YouTube Music and stick to what works.... You'll have a lot of people gone away if you don't fix this soon...

PS: Is there a way to mail spotify? Couldn't find a support mail anywere

ParentalControl

This would be awesome so that we can Shuffle play all the same artist hearted songs we have.

I818251

It’s a feature (arguably the best feature) that we had but was senselessly removed. Why would it be considered a’new’ feature? The request is to simply roll back to a much better previous UI

rosterdam

@Jose_M wrote:

Updated on 2019-03-12

Marked as a new idea. Thanks for bringing your ideas to the Community 🙂

Why has no one from Spotify addressed this BUG to the community? Why are we being ignored?