Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
DustlessSoul
I tried numerous ways to get some sort of logical response from Spotify.

Among the empty headed replies that I got were:

Thank you for getting back to us and the information provided.

>From now on, Your Library should contain any artists that you follow.
Saving an album or song won’t automatically save the artist, so be sure to
follow them in the future!

Your saved songs will now appear in a playlist called Liked Songs. From now
on, saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album,
so be sure to save the songs you want to keep!

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

and

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the
changes in the recent Spotify update.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify
better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use the app
like you could before.

We can't say if or when any specific features will be back. But as soon as
we’ve got anything to announce, we’ll let everyone know via the Spotify
Community .

Nothing but vacuous statements and ninny-headed verbiage like "testing
things". Never a legitimate attempt to explain why they think this new UI
is some how better for *users.*
I818251

I just started my free trial with Apple Music, and have successfully been able to migrate all my playlists using SongShift app. If Spotify returns the old ‘Library\Artist\Songs’ feature to iOS (phone) by the time the free trial is up, I’ll stay with Spotify. If not, I’ll be taking my premium account and my family’s accounts to Apple Music permanently and cancelling Spotify (after 8 years as a paid Spotify customer). 

0_4

I am one of the people who HATED the changes made to the library layout initially, but if you use the filter, find and sort options in the liked songs menu, the changes aren't as awful as they initially seem. The previous layout was still MUCH better though.

rosterdam

Recently Played >> Artist >> Saved Songs

That’s how easy it was before! I enjoy listening to the same stuff for weeks until I’m sick of it and I’m sure I’m not alone. I don’t want to spend time scrolling through my enormous list of artists just to find the saved songs I was just listening to recently. I looked up SongShift on the AppStore and I too will be starting my free trial of Apple Music... @I818251 thank you for the suggestion! 

Herbie1963

I agree whole heartedly with all previous comments that this "update" by Spotify provides a significantly inferior user experience. Clearly you've let your "tech heads" fiddle with something without testinging it with your community first.  If it's working , don't change it! 

As per previous comments, I too, would often times go to My Artists and select one that I wanted to listen to. Ease back and enjoy what I spend my $12 PREMIUM subs on. Now I can't to that.  

What also **ses me off is that variously through the threads, you effectively say this issue's been fixed now. And that if we don't like it, comment on it. At the bottom of the threads it says x votes have been received about "this new idea". What ??? What new idea? Some sausage head has removed functionality and you claim it's a "new idea".  Someone there at Spotify is suffering from a severe case of revisionism at best. 

In general I really don't like the new UI. Change for change sake is an annoyance. This change has not been properly tested either by confirming new or deleted functionality by users or unit testing the app (IT paralance) to ensure the wntire app hangs together.

Like many people, I moved to Spotify after Apple tried to nanny me with their app full of crapware and bloatware. You are increasingly doing the same thing. More and more I think "stuff it!" ... let ME get control over my music again. After doing all this work to craft songs I love listening to and the WAY I want to listen to them you come along and stuff it up. The MORE you do that the LESS I TRUST you to be the custodians of something I have done SUCCESSFULLY myself for many years. If you continue to mess this up, I'll just walk.  I'm fed up trying to deal with faceless corporates who don't listen or acknowledge these issues and write banal, obseqious epithets about how much they say they care....!!!    

DustlessSoul
Feel the same way about mindless corporations and am cynical about other
streaming platforms.

Currently exploring Amazon Music, since the first month is free; but also
looking into simple app that allow me to manage MY music.
A new 64gig SD card is a lot less expensive than an ongoing subscription.

sunnymock

I just noticed that now saved albums will not show up in your songs section. So now we need to remember whether we saved an album or we saved an individual song so we know where to find our music?? It's so annoying since if I save a single, rather than the single song contained in the single, it'll only appear under albums. So now my library is further fractured. Only if I could find all of it under the artist

ChrisA1999
Crazy backwards step.
I can't find the tracks I've saved.
Surely the number 1 feature that ALL users want!?!?
jay2thac

This change is rediculous! Aside from playlists, my main way of using Spotify has been to go to the artist page and have just the saved songs from that artist. It is STUPID that you have removed that functionality. How often do people really want to have every single song from an artist? Not very. Please fix, this is DUMB DUMB DUMB. I will be changing streaming services if this does not get fixed and I have been with Spotify for YEARS!

ChrisA1999
It's now 21t April.
10 weeks of this app not working properly for me.
Surely it can't go any longer???
There seems to be 100% agreement that we want to search for Artists
alphabetically, as before.
STILL no official word on when... or whether it will be resolved, or not!

Can't think of any other company that would take 10 weeks to sort a problem
for a large number of it's most loyal customers.
Seems from comments on here that it's these (once) loyal customers that are
now starting to move elsewhere.