Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Bring back Artist page that contains saved songs

After the new mobile app UI update, I can no longer click artist in "Your Library" to find all my saved songs from that artist. It will go the Search artisit page which only have popular songs and all album/singles/ep. This means I can no longer only play the songs I liked from that artist. 

It was not that annoying at first though. I hate the new UI anyway so I spent an hour to rollback the old iOS app.  But now Spotify also updated the Windows Desktop version and the library artist page is gone! Now that's very annoying because I can't rollback to old version and it will always automatically update to the stupid new version.

If Spotify ain't gonna fix this, i'll have to switch to Apple Music.

Updated on 2020-05-12

Hey folks,

We're marking this as implemented.

We appreciate you coming to the Community, and adding your votes and feedback to this idea.
Right now, on mobile and desktop clicking an artist in Your Library will allow you to view all of the saved songs you've got from that artist.

If you're not seeing this, we'd recommend reaching out by starting a new thread in the help boards.

Thanks!

Comments
samtrimble

Anyone know how to rollback the Windows desktop app to the version with a working library?

lsa005

Fix this awful update already

H_Omnipotent

And please also bring back a album list with all your albums, not only the full saved one.

Terrigen

This 'update' is unacceptable. If this is not reverted I'll be seriously thinking about switching to another music service.

rhino2019

I also completely hate this update. I will switch to Apple Music if this isn’t fixed soon. This just doesn’t work. I don’t see why this would need to be changed or see what it could add. This update completely downgraded the experience of using Spotify. 

croxeh

I made annew account a couple of weeks ago and have been struggling to figure out why 'it hasn't been working'.

The library is completely messed up. No saved songs, as you've mentioned artists goes to their info page not my songs from them. There are no daily mixes in there. I can log into a friends account on my mobile and it's all there but for my account no. 

It's making the app almost useless to me and a waste of money. I dont want to listen to the same 200 'liked'songs.Empty library.Empty library.

ChrisA1999
Sorry to hear that you're another victim of the new User Interface that
Spotify are slowly and randomly rolling out.
No one likes it but it seems Spotify have agreed a deal with the major
corporate record companies and this UI is so YOU are more likely to
stream/help establish their new Adele/Sheeran type $$ next big thing
artists.

There is another thread on here with 30 pages of angry complaints, but
Spotify are still sticking with it.
Amazon or Apple streaming is now the place all of now looking at moving to.
...Its a real shame that Spotify are making their previously biggest
supporters move to rival streaming services.
GrawlixL

How has this been an issue for MONTHS without so much as a meaningful response? I can't even find an explanation for why they would remove such basic functionality.

With music streaming apps, there's competition and a general lack of exclusivity. I stuck with Spotify not out of any sort of loyalty, but because I had it, I was used to it, and it worked perfectly fine. This absolute nonsense is going to actually push customers away, myself included. It just sucks now.

beeceebeecee

I this was the main (and almost only) way I would explore music on Spotify. UI has become a freaking nightmare since this update... Seriously considering switching to another serving.

thesaltiest

I have given Spotify a 1-star review in the a Play store and will maintain this until they fix the UI by restoring the browsable personal library.

I suggest you all do the same, as they don't seem to be responding to or even acknowledging our expressed concerns here.