[Your Library] Confirm to Delete / Dislike or an Undo button

I love seeing my liked songs in chronological order as I can relive my past through the music i listened to at the time, but when i am clicked on a song that i liked 2 years ago and accidentally hit delete, it's moment is completely erased from that period and moves all the way up to the top @present when I re-like it.

I know I may seem dramatic but this literally breaks my heart.

The delete button is right next to my volume up button so this happens a lot.

Additionally, I sometimes am clicked on  a song and accidentally hit delete and I have no clue what I had deleted. This is the worst because I sometimes never find what I had lost. Also simply swiping on the mobile is way too easy to delete, i always do this too. Also please dont suggest I add all my liked songs to a playlist because it will be tiring to add every song i like to this. Plus I like having my liked songs be my main library. 

Updated on 2019-12-07

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-12-07

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Chronological order is very important to me as well, and accidentally deleting ruins this. There should be a confirm delete pop up, or at the very least an undo. The green heart to delete a song is now right next to the 3 button options, so we have a higher chance of accidentally deleting.  

Gig Goer

There shouldn’t be a modal confirmation pop up. There should be an unobtrusive pop up to undo the action. If should vanish after about 5 - 10 seconds. If the undo pop up is not tapped / clicked, then the action should obviously go through. If tapped / clicked, then the action should be undone.

Regular

I agree, at the minimum an undo button. A disappearing notification is a good idea cpl

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Remove the new heart icon! I absolutely HATE it! I have already accidentally removed 3 songs from my library and I can't remember which ones they are! It was already too easy to accidentally remove songs from my library with the swipe life feature. Even from a visual standpoint it clutterers up the UI with an unnecessary icon. Just keep it in the options menu when you tap the 3 dots on the right. TAKE IT OFF PLEASE

I made a playlist of around 20 songs from my Liked Songs over the course of several years that highlight specific moments in my life. When I went to remove the songs from the playlist, I accidentally hit "Remove from Liked Songs" (WHY is that option higher up than "Remove from Playlist" in the right click menu?? I'm in the context of a playlist, so why does removing from liked songs take precedence over removing from the playlist??) I immediately hit ctrl + z, which repopulated the playlist and proceeded to re-like the songs in a panic. 

I reached out to support, who said that they would normally be able to restore the song to the original date, but because I re-liked the songs, they only store the most recent date I added the song, which is today. I literally started crying after this, because without their original spot among the other songs I added around that time, it's basically meaningless.

+1 to the idea of having a small "undo" dialogue. I'm seriously heartbroken.

hi guys, to everyone that experience the problem of accidentally deleting/un-liking music (happens to me q often haha) I have found a solution!!

but it only works if u deleted the song from ur laptop/computer spotify.

so what i usually do is i make sure my other device (i use my phone) that is connected to Spotify is not connected to wifi. then i go to Spotify and cross-check to see which song is missing. (ur phone should still show the deleted song cos it hasn't been connected to wifi so it hasn't updated and still shows old data) 

that usually fixes my issue cos then i find out which song is missing.

hope this helps!!

Regular
But when I am offline on my phone it does not display my song list. 😞

This 100%. Just talked to support to see if there was a hidden feature for this or something but there's not. Would be such an easy little addition to the app that would make a huge impact on my satisfaction.