Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Download limit

I think removing the 10,000 download limit is necessary after the removal of the liked songs limit. If there's people that likes that amount of music is logical they would want to have it offline. 

On the other hand, I've seen this idea poster before and disregarded because of its similarity to older posts about the 3,333 download limit, which is absolutely not the case and shouldn't be considered a duplicate. I really hope this is taken into consideration.

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-06-16

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

sytzeschalk

Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with this 👍, and to add another user case where this would be really helpful: DAPS. A growing number of people (including me) use separate daps for audio listening (i.e FIIO or Shanling), that don’t have a cellular connection. Being able to download our library offline would be a godsend, especially with the upcoming Hifi plans!

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-09-14

Hey @cch10 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

james_s60

Would really REALLY like to see this go through

JJSTRK

Now this has 60 votes 😮

Shouldn't it be considered now?

Serialkvetcher

Hey Spotify, what about now? 

+voted

FiftyOne

the download limit of 3333 songs per device was pretty ridiculous, i noticed it by surprise and was really annoyed. Lucky it got fixed soon, but unfortunately i recognized 10.000 songs isnt that much, too.

i heard of a bunch of people switching to apple music (100k) or deezer (even unlimited). i dont want to leave spotify, but i'm dying to have the ability to download more songs, since you already have several subscriptions for different streaming providers and pay your internet connection, i dont also have an unlimited mobile flat. Nevertheless i wanna listen to all this beautiful music.

keep on upvoting so this thread gets reopened!

it took me a while to understand that after logging in for the first time you have to confirm a username in order to vote for something.. hope this helps someone

Athomm

Good! +1

FiftyOne

Doesnt that issue bother anyone? Please all you heavy listeners get together and upvote this thread till it gets reopened

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2022-06-24

Hey! Looks like your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.