Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Edit track metadata

Apple Music has this neat feature that allows users to edit track metadata for all tracks added to the user's library. This is most useful for putting custom artwork for albums or removing (Deluxe) or (Remastered) tags on albums, and removing parentheses in track titles. This feature is also useful for scrobbling with Last.fm, a feature that is not built into Apple Music. Custom artwork for albums is a popular feature on Apple as fans can use their fan-made artwork in screenshots.

Being able to edit track and album metadata on Spotify would be great for people like me who love to micro-manage their music library.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 005612.png

Updated on 2021-06-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
rappel14

I need this so badly because there are so many errors in the metadata. If you don't implement this, please give us at least the possibility to easily report misspellings, incomplete or wrong artists and messed up categories (artist or album in the title). This makes finding tracks exhausting and playlists ugly.

rikverstraete

come on, impliment this ! for people with large media collections this is so necessary

jupiterpopcorn

I think it would be great to be able to change album cover art. Since you can already upload your own images for playlists, why not albums aswell? There's tons of great alternate album covers I've seen. I know this has been suggested before but I couldn't find a post that was open so here I'm suggesting it again. 

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-10

Hello @jupiterpopcorn,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

rascal_radio

The absence of this on Spotify is one of the main reasons for me to stay with Apple Music at the moment, so yes, I would love to see this happen!

wsws

Almost 6 months since the last update, what's going on!

I submitted a new suggestion to Spotify on this same topic and already got 260 votes.

My suggestion link is here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Community-Remove-the-name-quot-Remastered-quot-from-albu...

Some users have already made this suggestion and received a lot of votes, as is the case with this suggestion. What will Spotify do?

hans-jürgen

As I have just mentioned on a related idea, yesterday Last.fm released a new feature of saving edited scrobbles for Pro users which would also help with wrong or unwanted metadata additions from Spotify like "Remastered..." etc.

See this implemented idea on their support forum for more info:

https://support.last.fm/t/save-edited-scrobbles/638/56

This is how the new Edit window looks when also using the bulk scrobble edit script for albums and artists by an external developer:

Edit Album Scrobbles with new Automatic edit optionEdit Album Scrobbles with new Automatic edit option

GBillett

The ability to edit metadata is so important for people who value accurate and organised collections of music.  Reducing information to lowest common denominators may satisfy casual users but music lovers value and appreciate more information being available,  rather than less.  Spotify may be caught between the different requirements of its users and market determinants here,  but a truly music centric provider would be offering these features to be used if required.  I support and welcome the idea of better meta information,  rather than dumbing down the fascinating details around music, artists and variants for musical collectors.  Why have there been no updates for a considerable time now?

teamplayer1

This feature would be amazing. The lack of this in Spotify is what made me consider switching to Apple Music