Announcements

[Your Library] Exclude audiobooks from Blend playlists

With the new blend feature you can create music playlists with your friends automatically. Sadly spotify seems not to distinguish between audiobook tracks and music. This way things like "chapter 170" is in the mix. Even if I listened to the audiobook having this in your playlist is just annoying. Right now if I want to listen to such a list I would have to hide all of the audiobook tracks one by one just to have "chapter 171" in it the next day.

Possible solutions:
-exclude the genre "audiobook" from these playlists

-introduce a threshold (for example 3) for the times a track has to have been listened to before it is introduced to such a playlist (audiobooks are usually listened to once

Updated on 2022-11-30

Hello @Brehn,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. We've also edited the title of your idea so that other users can find it easier and vote for it.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
OscarDC
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-11-30

Hello @Brehn,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. We've also edited the title of your idea so that other users can find it easier and vote for it.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!