Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] [Filter] Add an option to sort/view music by BMP

Hello!

A useful feature for the people that go out running would be an option to view and sort/search  music based on beats per minute (BMP), either in "My Music" or overall in Spotify.

I am aware that there are different public Playlists based on bpm, but i'm still feeling a lack of possibility to view/sort music that i personally prefer by bmp.
What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Hamadj

I think it would be a cool feature to have the range of BPM next to songs... sometimes you want to play a song but are unsure what range of BPM and it could ruin the vibes if you play a song with high BPM when the mood is mellow and vice versa

andreaning

Would be great if we could filter by BPM in Liked Songs (similar to the genre filters)! 

Emoti

I really don't get why they don't already do this. Having more sorting options could be such a great argument for using Spotify. And the crazy thing is the songs on Spotify already have a huge amount of metadata, INCLUDING BPM.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Xenia

Hello @h_o_l_o  and everyone who voted for this idea!

We’ve been reviewing the suggestion, but it’s not completely clear what exactly you’d like to see implemented. If you’re looking for an option to search tracks by BPM, there’s an existing idea here that you can add your vote to.

If you had something different in mind, it’d be great if you could provide some clarification, so we can bring your request forward to our developers to look into.

Thanks! We’ll be looking out for your replies.

loielol

Yo, it'd be great if I could filter through my songs by beats per minute. Like sometimes, I'm in a particular mood, or maybe I wanna be in a particular mood, and I feel like ugh, if I just had the right soundtrack for it lol. The way I've been trying to do things - it's so archaic! - I find a song I like, and then I try to classify it myself as fast or slow and then add it to the appropriate playlist. Takes a lot of time away from actually listening to music. I would switch from free to a paid subscription for this one feature - the ability to filter through my liked songs by bpm or even genre! I understand that it can't be easy, but I think lots of people would really love something like this! 

daMask

@Xenia I believe the idea is, you create a playlist, and then from the dropdown where you can sort by Artist, Date Added, Duration, etc, it would be great to have a Tempo or BPM menu item so you could start with more down tempo tracks at the start and gradually build up to the bangers at the end of the playlist. 

Please implement this, it would be great.

daltonrocks81

Many DJs and music fans use other applications as they show the BPM (Beats Per Minute) of songs. This can allow users to see the tempo of songs and how they can compare to other songs in a playlist. Songs with very close BPM have very clean transitions as there is no change in tempo with the change of song. Having even the option to automatically sort by the BPM would be amazing, but even just adding the BPM as an option to show next to a song, can allow users to manually sort their playlist. 

dimasick

Millions of DJ's use Spotify to find new music and sort the playlist for the show. Please add the BPM feature! It will help Dj and make Spotify more DJ-friendly.  Thanks!

alex99999

Do this pls