[Your Library] Find the playlists an album/artist/track is in

When we used to buy albums/CDS/MP3s, a user’s music library consisted of all the albums/songs/artists that they purchased, and a user could browse thru their albums/cds or iTunes library to see what songs/albums/artists were in their Library.  They could easily answer the following example questions:

• What songs/albums do I have by Stevie Wonder?
  • Do I have the album “Quadrophenia” by the Who?
  • Do I have the song “Circles” by Malone?

However, in Spotify a user’s library only consists of playlists (including Liked Songs), and there are no easy ways to answer the questions above. 

This idea suggestion would provide better search functions across a user’s library to improve their library management:

• Is Artist [x] in any of my playlists? Which ones?
  • Is Album [x] in any of my playlists? Which ones?
  • Is Song [x] in any of my playlists? Which ones?

Please note that these search functions would only apply to a user's library.

Updated on 2020-01-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-21

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea - we've also edited slightly the title of your idea to make your suggestion more clear to other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

eschurr
Gig Goer

This feature would also allow a user to do things like "play all the songs by Artist X that I have added to any playlist " the presumption here is that the collection of songs you've added by that artist are your favorite songs by that artist. there is no way to do that now in Spotify.