Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Order/sort albums by release date/year

Now that the original release year should be available please add an option to the new album view to use it for sorting.

there could be options for at least:

"SORTED BY ARTIST / YEAR"

"SORTED BY ARTIST / TITLE"

"SORTED BY YEAR"

There could be some kind of subtle separator where the artist changes when listing the album covers. Also the release year should be shown in the album images.

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this Idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue passing along your feedback to the right teams.

If we have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
rikverstraete

let's keep pushing for this ! 

henrivdm

these SIMPLE refinements to the music library have been asked for for years, and instead spotify roles out an "update" that makes the music library even worse.   Pathetic.

henrivdm

Absurd.  At least two threads asking for a similar thing.  >3000 votes in all.
But Spotify thinks it is an "interesting idea" 

Spotify, if you copied the Apple clean, simple and logical library UI, and used your discovery, you would have the perfect service.

vpieter

No time for BASIC sorting options of any preceding local music application,

but they have time to cram podcasts into my music app and there is time to cram the library into the sidebar.

Nice job trying to be BrAvE and UnApOlOgEtIcAl like Apple without any of the redeeming qualities.

lucasportosilva

Please give some attention to this request, people.
The topic was opened in 2014.

eightohtwo1x

Honestly, I have no idea how this ISN'T already a feature. 

Fundamental basic features that have been on other platforms for almost 20 years now.. Features that strictly gives the end user the OPTION to digest the content in an alternative way, ultimately gaining greater enjoyment out of the platform.. and yet spotify doesn't see the value in it?

It's not like its a resource constraint.. a middle schooler could code this kind of feature over a weekend.

Makes no sense.

PooyaMan
Agree with all the annoyed and frustrated people here. This feature is so basic and necessary it is hard to comprehend how it could not have been implemented after so many years of continual feedback.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives that offer this on a mobile app?

It is the single most important capability to me, and instead of going all in and building out my library with thousands of albums and being a customer forever, I am instead only using it in a much more limited way and not getting a much deeper value and enjoyment that this feature would allow. It opens the flood gates for people who have large collections to set that up in the library and go all in on digital streaming streaming service.

I would literally be a customer for life. Instead I hate these guys for ignoring this for so many years and I’m ready to jump to an alternative with no loyalty at all.

Come on Spotify, this is ridiculous.
PooyaMan

Agree with all the annoyed and frustrated people here. This feature is so basic and necessary it is hard to comprehend how it could not have been implemented after so many years of continual feedback.

I am interested in alternatives that offer this and have a mobile app.

It is the single most important capability to me, and instead of going all in and building out my library with thousands of albums and being a customer forever, I am instead only using it in a much more limited way and not getting a much deeper value and enjoyment that this feature would allow. It opens the flood gates for people who have large collections to set that up in the library and go all in on digital streaming streaming service.

I would literally be a sticky customer for life and wouldn’t think twice if they raise the price. Instead I hate these guys for ignoring this for so many years and I’m ready to jump to an alternative with no loyalty at all.

Come on Spotify, this is ridiculous. Listen to your customers.

jimjobbies

I'd start with sort by 'release date' as a priority. Ordering playlists etc by release date would be so beneficial in so many ways, future listeners would understand the history of music and be able to explore the provenance of genres etc. This is an opportunity to for Spotify to not only provide access to music but also to educate and be seen as 'archivists' or 'CAREtakers' of music. Massively missing a trick here, get onto it.

Pber6154

yeah users will thank you