Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Remove individual track from saved album

I don’t know when this change was made, but today I noticed that when I am looking through my saved music library by album, there are songs I specifically did not save for a reason, whether that be because it is a re-released song from a previous album I already have saved, or a song I just don’t like that I don’t want to play when I’m listening through an album. This change gives us way less control over our own saved music library. Please change it back. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
ParentalControl

The old way was more user friendly.

I never wanted it to change in the first place to be honest.

dbazile

I got tired of waiting for some kind of response.  Cancelled my account this evening. 😞

0791B174-1014-45FB-95F0-4A8D0646D76F.png

p-o_dl17amqh

Spotify is not Facebook - if they want us to pay for premium then they need to listen to their users. The new update was horrible and made everybody's user experience so much worse. And yes, I've read spotify's "reply" on the matter, and no, sorting 2000 liked songs is not good usability! Let us filter albums to only see liked songs!!!

EclecticEel

Please bring this back ahhhh i don't want to have these songs saved and downloading them to my phone takes up a lot of space :'(

Rene01

Hi,

I think this has become obsolete isn't it with the new library concept:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Getting-to-know-the-new-Your-Library/ta-p/4766771

Regards,

René

smikeyu

before if they had only the deluxe album (and they always have it) i could just save the songs from the regular one and listen to that, now i have to make a playlist for every one of them or listen to 6 different version of the same song because is a f*cking deluxe, total downgrade.

Rene01

I see what you mean.

Would this work for you? Like only the songs of the album you really like. Then follow the artist. Next go to library -> artist -> all the songs you liked are grouped per album, now play the album.

p-o_dl17amqh

It's not that it's absolutely imposible to get to the song we want from an album, it's that it requires too many steps and is far less organized than before (not to mention we now need to manually follow the artist, and some folks have over 500 albums in their library). Of course we can come up with *some* solution (i add liked album songs to the queue), but it's not as good as what we had before. If spotify wants us to continue using their service (instead of using alternatives) and to PAY for it, then they need to listen to user feedback. Saying "you can still do it, just with 10 steps more" is how you got Windows 8. A filter on album with "show only liked songs" would solve this problem AND let them keep the thing where liking an album doesn't like all the songs automatically.

Rene01

Clear, thank you for explaining, I voted for your idea.

plasmaxwisp

Hey Spotify, If you don't want to revert to the old behvior, then at least make it a right-click option or a shift-click option, or a User Preference to only play the saved songs from the album. There's plenty of ways to control for this damage!