Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Remove individual track from saved album

I don’t know when this change was made, but today I noticed that when I am looking through my saved music library by album, there are songs I specifically did not save for a reason, whether that be because it is a re-released song from a previous album I already have saved, or a song I just don’t like that I don’t want to play when I’m listening through an album. This change gives us way less control over our own saved music library. Please change it back. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Bruce_Pyle
You wonder if anyone at Spotify uses their own service. These issues would be immediately obvious to them, just like to us. Maybe most of them hate it, but decisions are made by a committee of out of touch bosses.

Bruce_Pyle
That’s a good workaround. Better than creating individual playlists for each album. We should all check out your suggestion.
hagihp

Implement a swipe function to delete a song in a playlist asap! The present delete function on IOS requires 5 steps....Very user-unfriendly.

if you have a large playlist (>1000 songs) and you want to delete a song in the middle it takes you zillion steps and impossible to go back to the position in the playlist were the song was deleted. Arrrrrrgh.

dominik10

I totally agree,

Spotify, why would you remove that option?

Rene01

Oops this topic is horrible since it addresses different issues.

It started with being able to remove songs of an album (like it was in the past with save songs and albums) and now it's about removing songs from a playlist with less steps.

@Moderator: please help.

kandychope

Most stupid update of all time ! Please change it back 

Alvin_ti4200

Agree! This behaviour must be changed back to the old style. I have hunderds of albums and I selected only the songs I want to listen to. Now I have EVERY song from all these albums and I can't remove them anyhow. This makes me mad and even think about canceling my premium membership after almost six years. This was my favourite feature and without it Spotify for me doesn't make any sense to be honest...

Bruce_Pyle
They have 'thrown you under the bus' and everyone else with a large library. Someone else posted, 'What's the pint of having a library at all?'
Rene01

Hi, 

Let's try it to see it like this: an album is a static thing, created by the artist for a reason. If you only like a few songs, it's not an album anymore, it's a playlist.

If you want this anyway, liking songs is the way to go. So you don't save the album, because you don't like it really, just a few songs, but instead you give only the songs you like a <3. Next you go to your liked songs playlist and you filter/sort by artist or album, only the songs you like will pop up and you can play them.

I created a blog about my thoughts:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Social/My-thoughts-about-the-new-library/m-p/4791367/highlight/true...

Regards,

René

jedi_alex

Again, people have been struggling with this issue since March. Spotify hasn't resolved this either.