Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Remove individual track from saved album

I don’t know when this change was made, but today I noticed that when I am looking through my saved music library by album, there are songs I specifically did not save for a reason, whether that be because it is a re-released song from a previous album I already have saved, or a song I just don’t like that I don’t want to play when I’m listening through an album. This change gives us way less control over our own saved music library. Please change it back. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
mstoltze

This was a feature I used regularly. I am very disappointed that it was removed in favor of song 'liking', which is an enormously less useful feature for me.

@rene01 When I first started using Spotify I only saved entire albums and ran out of space. This is why I only 'like' the songs I want off of albums. I don't see how your solution solves the problem if liking an album with ten songs still takes up 11 spots (10 songs + 1 album). 

Rene01

Hi @user-removed,

For me I only want to save the album, not the songs. So i removed the songs from the album (so i removed them from liked songs) and only save the album. Takes only 1 spot. If you only want to save some songs of an album, you should only like those specific songs, you can remove the album then.

Regards,

René

@rene01 The way it was explained to me the album name counts as one and every song on the album counts as one too. So, with the hypothetical 10 song album, if it's saved on the album tab you have used 11 spots. You can't remove individual songs from an album on the album tab. The liked songs playlist is just a glorified permanent playlist. Songs on playlists don't count against the 10,000 total. 

TomLegend
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Rene01

Hi @user-removed,

No, that's not true. You can like an album without liking the songs, that's what I do. Give it a try and you'll see it works. So just pick an album you didn't like already and like it. This will only take one slot and the album will show up in the album list.

This is different than it was before. Before you had to like one of more songs to see the album on the album tab. Some people prefer the old way but I'm ok with this also.

Regards,

René

BaptAlex05

I really don't understand why you did that... I used to go in my albums each I was looking for a specific song. Now it's a mess, when I like/save a song I can't access it directly from the album section. You should bring back this feature and add an "Access to the album" button to see the complete album.

Dbrown004

As many have said.. this is not a new idea, it's the way it was before and it worked. It is extemely annoying having all of the songs I previously removed from an artist now mixed back in. I can kind of work around it by listening in offline mode, but even then there seem to be glitches and songs that aren't supposed to be downloaded start playing. Have literally spent hours over the past few months trying to figure out how to actually delete songs from my library but with no results. Keep assuming that it is such an obvious problem that it will be fixed in the next update but that seems to not be the case.

I really don't want to switch because I have been very happy with the service for years but will definietly be trying out other options now.

CaptainAjax

I as well as many others liked how the old album library worked before the annoying update. If its not possible to have a setting to have it the way it was, can we have our "Liked Songs" library visually act and work like how the old album library worked?

TheEponymousBob

This is incredibly frustrating. Reaching the end of an album and spilling over into "songs that weren't good enough to get on the album" is bad enough, but albums such as Sparks by Imogen Heap, which has commentary tracks interleaved with the songs themselves, have become unlistenable:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4U8Wta9dd9kDPVCFuMW65n?si=KfyoYLtsTO2NNDkNwoaoEg

Of course I can create playlists with only the tracks I want to hear, but that defeats the whole purpose of the album library. Please reconsider.