Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Remove individual track from saved album

I don’t know when this change was made, but today I noticed that when I am looking through my saved music library by album, there are songs I specifically did not save for a reason, whether that be because it is a re-released song from a previous album I already have saved, or a song I just don’t like that I don’t want to play when I’m listening through an album. This change gives us way less control over our own saved music library. Please change it back. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Bruce_Pyle
Exactly, just what is the purpose of an 'album' library? The commentary, demos, alternate takes, etc. are fun to listen to once or twice. That's it.
lesterbsb

This lack of control pisses me off. Cannot save to listening offline only a single song. Cannot exclude ONE song from an offline playlist created by me....

Switching to Deezer.

Gilmour1979

"We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement" Maybe it'd be easier if you wouldn't had removed it.

Godfreyson

I cancelled my premium subscription and moved to Apple Music because of this. 

colanutnm

This is strike #4 (of the major annoyances) for me. If you can't have a non deluxe version of the album we should be able to do this without making a thousand unmanageable "playlists". This especially burns when I had saved a normal album, but it gets swapped out with out my knowing.

Cros3

Updates are supposed to make things better. This makes spotify worse than the way it used to be. We are not asking for anything new and " improved" only what we used to have. It's been almost a year now and still nothing.  I guess we really dont matter !!!

Hey Spotify, 
Give you one example where this is critical. 

I want to listen to Dr Dre's 2001. But I don't want to just play "Pause 4 P0.R.N0" out loud in my flat. 

This is such a decrease in User Experience I hope that you reconsider some times soon. I do feel changing services because of this quite honestly. The whole premise of streaming platforms was to be able to listen to only those songs in an album that we enjoy. 

ccd0c

It really isn't about implementing it, since this is would not be a new feature. It has been removed, so it is dishonest to say you are not looking to implement it. Why do I need to hear numerous additional songs in the dreadful "deluxe versions" when all I want to do is save the original album, which is no longer there. I cannot remove the additional songs and adding hundreds of playlists when there is not an overview page as there is for the albums really makes it a struggle to organize your music by album (like you would a cd collection).

bybees01

So is this just not going to be fixed? There**bleep** in my library that I didn't add and can't remove. Was hoping this nonsense change would've been reverted by now, probably going to check out google play music I guess...

L0Lifant

I'm also still waiting on this feature to be reintegrated. Removing it was a big and unecessary mistake. The only reason I didn't switch over to Apple Music yet is because we use a family account and it would be a hassle for everyone to switch over. But I might change my mind. How impudent is it to say you don't plan to implement it right now when you simply shouldn't have removed it in the first place?! I know you can now hide songs in saved albums but this doesn't prevent a huge waste of memory because you still have to download each song you don't want, which is particularly annoying on Deluxe Editions of albums where the normal version isn't available!