Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Remove individual track from saved album

I don’t know when this change was made, but today I noticed that when I am looking through my saved music library by album, there are songs I specifically did not save for a reason, whether that be because it is a re-released song from a previous album I already have saved, or a song I just don’t like that I don’t want to play when I’m listening through an album. This change gives us way less control over our own saved music library. Please change it back. 

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
ilmetallo

I was really hoping that the "new" "hide this song" button was for hiding songs from albums included the library... it is not, but maybe this could be an idea. When you hide a song, this could be hidden also from albums in the library, and therefore also not downloaded together with the whole album.

halfisglassfull

I would like to add my voice to the users requesting this functionality be reimplemented and that Spotify prioritize this fix. I primarily listen to full albums, and it is incredibly frustrating to be forced into playing demos, commentary, and other extras that do not add any value to the experience of listening to an album as an artistic statement. Sure, many of these albums have non-deluxe versions available, but especially with the advances in modern remastering, those versions are often sonically inferior to the deluxe versions. But if I want to listen to, say, the excellent 2017 remix of The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," after the actual album ends, I have to go manually stop the Spotify player.

Often, the last song on an album is a powerful closing piece, that benefits from the silence that comes after it to really sink in. Having someone start talking or an inferior version of a previous track start playing immediately afterwards ruins this effect. Having to think about pressing pause immediately at the end of the track ruins this effect.

Some albums are even expanded in the middle of the album. I grew up listening to the 2-disc deluxe edition of the Grateful Dead's "Europe '72" live compilation. However, the "expanded" edition of this album on Spotify, which is the only version that contains all the tracks of the 2-disc version, also has several tracks inserted in the song order that were not originally part of this album. I now can't listen to the same album I grew up listening to without the jarring insertion of tracks that disrupt the album's flow, even though all the tracks exist within Spotify's library.

Obviously, as others have noted, the workaround is to create playlists that don't contain the offending tracks. But then I have to search and organize two different libraries when all I want is one place to scroll through my albums, pick something that feels right, hit play, and enjoy the music without distractions.

crying_unicorn

Jeez I still don't understand why and who in their right mind came up with this update. This don't make any sense. If I've added specific song that means I don't need others.

Oh god "Not Right Now" are you serious? When? Albums in today's condition is nothing but a trash

IsaiasJavier

100% Agree. This Should Be Changed

ToothlessRat

I agree with everyone else. The fact that it has been over a year and you still have not answered to completely reasonable requests made by these people is very frustrating. The whole reason for getting spotify was that I would not have to get an entire album just for the sake of one or two songs. I feel like the current system is not that good compared to what we used to have. 

carospot

Come on, this is stupid. I cant find any other way to describe it. I need to clean some space in my phone and I want to delete the music that I dont like and the only way is deleting the entire playlist??

Sorry, but its**bleep**. Please add the feature to delete individual songs, we all need it, and Im talking about the people that actually USE this app, not about the idiots that make the decisions when developing this app.

orionsuydam

I suppose Spotify tries to provide a listening experience for different kinds of music listeners, but as someone who prefers albums to playlists and individual songs, Spotify has really missed the mark.  It's just hard to set Spotify up for album listening if there are a few songs that you just aren't into.  It's a serious hassle to create a playlist per album when the much more intuitive experience is to have the freedom to like an album and then remove the songs you don't want to hear.  I love music but honestly I don't want to have to "work for it".  If I wasn't a paying subscriber, I'd be a lot more tolerant of a lousy user experience, but I am a paying subscriber.   You guys have made this way harder than it needs to be for no obvious benefit.  

littleliam53

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP. I was thinking of switching from Apple but this simple feature not being on Spotify is so backwards!! 

Also there is some strange bug (?) going on... when I transfer/add songs to my 'liked songs' all of these chosen songs albums also gets added to my album tab! WHAT?! I now have 100s of albums I don't listen to in there and have to manually unlike them?! You need to add a batch unlike option.  

Juntaka

This update and Spotify's incessant desire to cull useful features or move them under the three dot menu is mindless. I completely stopped using the 'library' functions of spotify after this update. The only work around is to create playlists which takes additional time and effort. The liked songs playlist is a complete joke if you 'like' multiple genres. 

Ender03

Sometimes I don’t want to add the whole album to my library. There could be some amazing songs I love, and some that I don’t. Spotify forces me to add all of them to my library when I like the album. What if I want to listen to only the ones i like? I could make a playlist, but that’s an unnecessary inconvenience. How about adding only the songs i love from the album? Or at least deleting the songs from my library instead of hiding them.