[Your Library] Replace unavailable ('greyed out') songs with suggestions

(I have attached a mock up of this idea)

I thoroughly enjoy the Spotify experience with the exception of one major frustration - music becoming 'unavailable'. As I understand this is typically due to licensing restriction/agreement changes.

When a playlist you have put together gradually becomes 'greyed out' over time most songs of which are still available when searching for them. When you have large playlists, this becomes an unwieldy process of maintenance to keep your playlists full.

This Idea submission is to create a feature, either solely for unavailable songs or for all songs that suggest alternative songs of same/similar name and artist. I have done a quick mock up of what it could look like. A particular unavailable song could then easily be replaced.

When you search for a song on Spotify, the top Song suggestion is almost always (in my case) the song that I am looking for. When it is not, its either because I have put in very limited information or the song simply doesn't exist on Spotify.

To take this further, options such as:

- checkbox in settings to always auto-swap out based on top suggestion where a song becomes unavailable

- notification > dialog box pops up on desktop with unavailable songs and suggestions (similar to what Google or Apple do in their photos apps for similar looking people) - this also helps feed the suggestion (& search engine) machine

At the end of the day, I don't mind how this is resolved as long as I have an easy way to keep my playlists full and healthy!

Thank you

Ryan

Guido_0-1579271033965.png

Updated on 2020-01-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've updated the idea a bit and marked it as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Spotify Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-01-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've updated the idea a bit and marked it as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

This would be a good addition, and would make it much easier maintaining playlists of music.
I know this issue puts a lot of music lovers off Spotify as it messes with their library and generates a lot of extra work.