Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
weertt

Anyone tried this violet guru service? And where is the source code?

consmi

BACKGROUND

Currently, the search function has 8 return fields:

Top Result, Songs, Artists, Albums, Playlists, Podcasts & Shows, Episodes, and Profiles

SUGGUESTION

Add an additional field which shows all of the user's playlists which contain the song (or artist, or album) the user searched for.

chipbite

@weertt: Yes, I tried it just now. It works, solves the problem.

But I have not looked for the sourcecode. Assuming client only. Being lazy. I am not even sure about the granularity of hte access. Hoping readonly. I am not too private about my playlists...

ishanbagai

This is so good

laurapausini

Salve, potete mettere anche riprodurre i file del dispositivo che si a sulla Memoria - Scheda SD, all'prossimo aggiornamento di Spotify. Come hanno messo YouTube Music che riproduce musica in Streaming e in più File del Dispositivo.

1. Aggiungere Artista con tutta la lista degli artisti che si ha sul dispositivo Memoria - Scheda SD. Cliccare sul profilo dell'artista e aggiungere la foto.

2. Aggiungere Playlist crea playlist. Con l'aggiunta della Foto che si desidera.

3. Aggiungere Album con tutta la lista degli album che si ha sul dispositivo Memoria - Scheda SD.

4. Aggiungere Brani con tutta la lista degli brani che si ha sul dispositivo Memoria - Scheda SD.

Aspetto il prossimo aggiornamento di Spotify.

Grazie, Arrivederci!!

stefy97100

Hi, I needed this function so I've developed an app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.romanello.SpotifyTools check it out if you also need it

weertt

That's great, stefy97100. I just tested it, works great. Have to use it on Android, but better than nothing.

chipbite

@weert: You can also try https://violet.guru/ which does the same thing, but in a browser, works on desktop.

laptopleon

This has annoyed me quite often.

Now that I'm looking into it more, it's even more baffling that at the same time

• you can search in a single playlist
  • you can search in literally everybody's public playlists

I'm trying to add songs from my old iTunes playlists to Spotify. Therefore, I like to add them to existing lists. However, I'd like to avoid adding songs to multiple lists. So now I have to search in every list first, multiplying the needed time by a factor 25 or so. Not workable.

laptopleon

@weertt @victor871129

I tried violet.guru several times on different days, but it keeps getting stuck at initializing: 

• [11:10:11 AM] Loading tracks of 0 playlists
  • [11:10:11 AM] Initializing

Reported a bug, but no reaction.