Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
AnD7801

Edit, wrong thread

goatsquid

I agree and think this is a great idea for both a user's private playlists and for public playlists. Regarding private playlists in the library, I think the universal library search UI used in this AB Test would be a great pairing for this idea to be expanded beyond just finding playlists with a particular song to playlists that feature a particular artist or even album! This would be extremely powerful functionality that is missing from Spotify today.

rpf68

Long playlists listed just by song name are hard to manage and the sorting option is not enough Please offer the option to group/view playlists by artists, album , genre etc.. like the 'view as' option in Itunes, This has been requested by hundreds of users in different posts and you keep closing these posts stating that less than 100 users requested this which is incorrect.

Oligrice

WHAAAATTTTT!! Not thinking of doing this??? Ridiculous. Search is a very basic requirement. Especially as one develops multiple playlists. I cannot believe there is no-one working on it and getting it ready to launch right away. Search cannot be difficult to code, and it would only be an extension of the current "filter" functionality which appears in certain playlists. Please get on with sorting this out. Spotify is great, but this is such a major clunker in the system!!!

stefy97100

@Oligrice  I've developed this exact feature, if you have android and you want to check  it out I'm leaving here the link to the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.romanello.SpotifyTools

delysid23

@stefy97100 wrote:

@Oligrice  I've developed this exact feature, if you have android and you want to check  it out I'm leaving here the link to the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.romanello.SpotifyTools

I installed @stefy97100's Spotify Tools app, at the link above, on my Android phone and yes,

Spotify Tools CAN search all your playlists, solving the topic of this thread! 

Way to go, @stefy97100!  

Caveat #1:  It's not THE solution, which is for Spotify to add this essential feature to its own interface.  But it is A solution, and a pretty good one from what I've seen so far.

Caveat #2:  I only installed Spotify Tools last night and confirmed that it does indeed let you search inside your own playlists.  Can't speak for its other functions yet, or long term stability. 

Cool Thing I Did Notice #1:   The info it provides on a song.  Shows lyrics (a nice touch!), and more mysteriously, numerical values for several parameters about various aspects of the song:  technical ones like BPM, and subjective ones like "valence" (how happy or sad it feels).  Don't know where these song parameters come from -- probably Spotify itself, giving a peek into usually hidden inner workings.

delysid23
On 2020-11-16, @laptopleonwrote:

@weertt @victor871129

I tried violet.guru several times on different days, but it keeps getting stuck at initializing: 

• [11:10:11 AM] Loading tracks of 0 playlists
  • [11:10:11 AM] Initializing

Reported a bug, but no reaction.

Today, Jan 17/2021, I tried going to https://violet.guru/ but am getting a "This page can't be reached" error message.  Hopefully it will return.

bristolash91

that something need working on.it is **bleep** nightmare. 

chavlji

For crying out loud! How's this not yet implemented?! It's such a basic functionality... 🙄 I really can't believe what and ignorance.

patrickm4

Some one suggested to use filter function earlier, however that will only continue to play songs filtered and not the whole playlist.

I would call the feature "find" which is similar to browsers. Also it would be great to switch the short cut ctrl + f from filter to find when it gets implemented. On top of that, it would be great if we could navigate with arrow keys. This helps when alt + tabbing into Spotify to find a song.

I'm using the desktop version of Spotify.