Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
Blangzo

spotify please add this, its been years

der_fahrer25

Hello, it seems there was a possibility to search for a song in all playlists of my account. 

"

‎2012-11-05 11:55 AM "

But this feature is no longer available. 

I would like to have this feature again. 

GiladC

This a basic feature which Spotify have missed as usual, like the missing number of songs of playlist in a mobile app, missed in a delusional way. I think the UX/UI department of Spotify stopped functioning a few years ago.

mario99mv

The fact that this feature has yet to be added, even though its been requested since 2012, shows spotify doesn't listen to its user base. Being able to search through all your playlists to find a specific song seems like a basic ask. This is the reason I'm canceling my account and going to Amazon's music platform. 

Bad on Spotify.

cgluck

just have to mention here. I own a software development company. We design commercial software, and then people buy it from us. If I had access to the sites development library and database, I could probably have this issue fixed in a day or 2. So yeah, Spotify is just being lazy about this.

hawtbigred

I don't know where I should put this but I think I found a workaround for the OP problem. 

If you click on the song you are wanting to play out of the search results list and make sure it is highlighted,
then you can exit the search bar to bring back all the other songs and it will jump to that song for you on the list,
finally allowing you to simply click play on the song itself.

The Problem so far (I think)
If you play any song from the list that appears from a search it won't loop through your whole playlist anymore, it will only loop through the songs that came up in the search. This means if only one song comes up it will repeat... or at least it used to for me but for some reason now once mine goes through the whole searched list it will play about ten seconds of the first song again then suddenly switch songs to another song from the original playlist. Also the shuffle button becomes greyed out when that happens.

This workaround is more tedious than a regular search but it works.
As a final note I also would appreciate the ability to search across all lists.
Gangrenedream

Searching in the profile section, the search feature feels redundant when it comes to "searching". It only gives me results for searching playlists. Scenario -  I've got a particular song I want to find, but I cant seem to remember the name of the song but I know it's by a certain artist. What I have to do is search that artist and then dig through their discography in hopes of finding it, but I know I have that song added to my playlists somewhere..
Why cant the search feature in 'profile' bring back results for an particular artist, and tell me how many songs I have on that artist in delegated playlists I've created. I've created a video attached to explain in platform.

Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-02-03

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as 'New Suggestion'.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

charje

Spotify has the worst “search” and “sort” features.  This is my exact problem as well.  I will come across a song that I like and that I’m pretty sure I have saved in “one” of my many Playlists.  Creating the need for me to search for that song in just MY Playlists and not the thousands of Public playlists (ridiculous that we have to clarify this for the Spotify Programmers).  I shouldn’t have to open up one of my Playlists at a time to individually search for this song.  I should be able to do a General Search and there will be an option at the top with matching results for just MY Playlists, and all of MY Playlists will show up that include what I typed in the Search Field.  (Example:  Eruption, by Van Halen.  At the top of the screen, after Audiobooks and Profiles, you could have a tab that simply says “My Playlists”…..  Easy as that Spotify!  Problem Solved.  Done!!!).

Bradicalone72

@Gangrenedream if you could add to the end of your video..

When track is playing I would like to locate it in available playlists in my account. Not just the playlist, but where it’s SEATED WITHIN

. “Find track” > drop menus of available playlists it’s in>to location of current track.