Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Your Library] Sort Artists discography

Sort options tabs for Artists discography

Option to see only singles, albums, EPs, compilations or Audiobooks of an artist 

I made an example how it could look like at Lewis capaldis discography (I know he doesn't have audiobooks, it's only an example of the different tabs you will we able to choose from)

After you tapped on one of the tabs you will be able to sort the singles, albums, EPs... by release date or in alphabetical order 

Picsart_22-09-25_00-43-27-143.jpg
Picsart_22-09-25_01-22-01-978.jpg

Updated on 2022-09-26

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-09-26

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Ebresie

This may go along with the idea of playing an artist albums in a give order (oldest to newest or newest to oldest) which has been suggested previously but never fully came to fruition x

wrick1047

I want to support your idea because i think Spotify should do everything it can to improve our ability to organize and browse Our Libraries. I would love to be able to sort My Library by Artist and then under each artist, the scheme you suggest makes sense. I like it. But I think the problem is that everyone pulls items into Their Library and labels them in different ways, it would require Spotify to estabish a whole additional database for User Libraries and keep it all connected to the source files... well, I'm not an engineer, but I think a lot oif things could break in this scenario. I know the way that I want to organize My Library and I can see that it would be a stretch for Spotify to store that much of my data. I'm sure it's in the cards for the future, data are alreadsy cheap....

Cynik

Currently on the Windows Desktop application, it is easy to listen to an artist's discography if you go to their artist page.

Capture.PNG

By clicking the discography button it shows the artist's complete discography in order of newest to oldest, and no option to sort it.

The artist I used here was "Example" because I thought it was fitting.The artist I used here was "Example" because I thought it was fitting.

While I don't despise this arrangement, it is very inconvenient if I want to listen to the discography from the oldest songs to the newest for whatever reason.

Currently you'd need to put everything into a playlist album by album, and then sort that playlist to see a discography in chronological order.

I think that it would be a great service to all Spotify discography listeners to make the sorting of discographies an option.