[Your Music] Add LOCAL FILES to Your Music

First of, I'm a huge fan of the new layout. 

But as the title says I'd like to add my own beloved local files to the "Your Music". I don't see why this shouldn't be a possibilty. This way I don't need to have one master playlist, I can just have all the music I like under "Your Music -> Songs".

Also, as suggested earlier, changing the font size could be usable to many people.

Updated on 2018-08-28

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We don't have plans to add Local Files to your music right now, so we're marking this as a 'Not Right Now'.

Rest assured we'll continue to check out the feedback here, and if there are any updates we'll let you know.

Thanks.

Comments
pianistmak2010

I could have added local files few weeks ago, however, I could no longer search or found my local music files since the last update. This stops me from using Spotify to play my own music where the library of Spotify is NOT as complete as it claims such as songs in China.

Spotify team, please add back the function of playing local music files ASAP!

WuMyster
Regular

2019 and this is still not being implemented. This should have been something that existed when Spotify was launched. 

phibao37

I just started using Spotify for 1 day and also facing to the problem in this thread.

I really want song in Local Files can be added to Liked Songs, just like other normal playlist.

Just wonder why it"s dificult to have this feature, Liked Songs is just a normal playlist with the name "Liked Songs", isn"t it?

elena-318

Hi, I was checking the support documentation

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/

this does not seem to work on Mac. How do you drag and drop into the Playlist? I downloaded the app, and followed the instructions. I tried to drag and drop everywhere.  These instructions need to be more specific or limit it to just the OS that works. 

EDITED: Searching on Google, I found these instructions much easier on YouTube and they worked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0wHwxpf5Qk

What song I am looking for?

<CLIMB RACE - Ed Sheeran Vs The Police Vs Toto - Every Perfect Breath You Take Is Africa (Djs From Mars Bootle.mp3>