Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Automatically follow artists whose songs are saved

I went to go to my artists tab on spotify to find ideas for what to listen to today, but it's been utterly butchered with the new update. Now, you have to follow artists individually instead of being able to see the artists of all your liked songs. This is a regressive change, and very inconvenient. I can still go to my own likes songs and sort by artist there to get a list of all my artists, but that's really inconvenient cause I have to scroll through all of the songs by one artist in order to get to the next one. Plus, if I wanna play just my liked songs by an artist, I have to type in the artist's name in my liked songs playlist instead of just going to my artist library and tapping on that artist.  please fix this.

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi everyone.

We're not planning any changes at the moment, but please keep leaving your Likes and we'll come back if we have news.

Comments
TonyMidget

This update needs changing back. It’s unusable in its current form. 

If it stays like this Apple Music may be the only answer...

Grassfedsharks

Just chiming in to say I agree. This new UI is trash, and totally destoys the functionality that made me become a Premium subscriber to begin with. I'll definitely be switching if this isn't reverted. 

Braxtonlegarra

agreed.  This app is way more complicated then it needs to be.i just want to scroll through my artist's I have saved to my phone and pick what ever one I'm in the mood for.but now Its way more complicated to do that.they really need to change this or else I'm going to end up using another app.one of the main reasons I like spotify is because it use to be really easy to use and scroll through YOUR own music but now it just feels like a radio station that plays what ever like pandora. They just really need to make it easy to use and go through your saved artist's in alphabetical order like they use to

ckita37

Yess!!

Joespotifymusic

Change it back or I’m literally going to another platform. It was fully functional before, why change it????? Deal breaker. Change or I’m going to google music. 

MarkWilliams123

This change seems to have been made as a result of another post. Someone didn't like the fact that liking one song by an artist added them to the artists' library, which I can kind of understand.

However, I am also really irritated that I can no longer scroll through my complete artist's list in alphabetical order unless I Follow all of them. It seems that all the artists in my library that I am not following appear on the Artists' page as "Recommended", seemingly in the order I last played them not alphabetically despite having set the filter to do so. Hugely irritating! And why on earth is Spotify recommending artists that are already in my library in some case vast amounts of their music are in my library. Recommend me something I don't know about!

Anyways, after my rant, can I suggest that Spotify reverts to adding artists to the Artists' list as soon as you Save/Like a song and then add a configuration option for those that don't like the way it used to work so they can specify that only followed artists are added. Or perhaps give us a couple of options eg "Only add artists I am following" or "Only add artists when I have added more than [Select Number] of their songs to my library".

Gigagazz

I totally agree. I was very satisfied with all of the Spotify apps until some genius decided to make these changes to the library which is completely useless for me now. Thank you very much Spotify, your user experience department (if you have any) sucks. I quit.

Beheer

I'm frustrated about losing the ability to scroll the artists by A-Z (And scrolling thru 2500 songs ranking them by Artist A-Z is a very inefficient work around).

I'm worried about the lack of response from Spotify about this.  Thousands of users are dissatisfied with the latest update.  

Beheer

Is anyone at Spotify listening??

Fan4neil

I agree....very disappointed with new format. My favorite use was the "songs" tab in my library and shuffling all for a great playlist. I HATE that this is gone! I now have to basically create my entire catalog into a new playlist....I don't have that kind of time to fix this latest update. Most likely will cancel subscription.....unusable now.