Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Automatically follow artists whose songs are saved

I went to go to my artists tab on spotify to find ideas for what to listen to today, but it's been utterly butchered with the new update. Now, you have to follow artists individually instead of being able to see the artists of all your liked songs. This is a regressive change, and very inconvenient. I can still go to my own likes songs and sort by artist there to get a list of all my artists, but that's really inconvenient cause I have to scroll through all of the songs by one artist in order to get to the next one. Plus, if I wanna play just my liked songs by an artist, I have to type in the artist's name in my liked songs playlist instead of just going to my artist library and tapping on that artist.  please fix this.

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi everyone.

We're not planning any changes at the moment, but please keep leaving your Likes and we'll come back if we have news.

Comments
domo95

I completely agree.

The way music is stored is a complete mess. When I listen to an album I only save the songs I like (unless I like the whole album) and don't want to be forced to listen to the whole thing or skip songs that I haven't saved. This gets particularly annoying with longer albums or albums where I only save 1 or 2 songs. It feels like Spotify forcing music that I don't want down my through and making me compromise so they can focus on Podcasts because that's what this update is for - it's for podcasts and music streaming is being pushed to the side. It doesn't help that we STILL have an offline music limit even if it has been increased and the artist page in 'My Library' has completely changed for the worst - I cant even view a particular artist whenever I don't have access to the internet. Before this update when artist view was normal I was able to view any artist I wanted while underground on the busy Tube and now I try to view anything other than the 'Liked Songs' playlist. 

When I've tried to reach out about any issues I always recieve a blanket response like "we're working on this" or "we'll look in to it" and that's the last I ever hear about the matter. 

Why do we need to follow an artist? This should not need to be. What should happen is if you have a song by a specific artist, that artist shows up in the artist list. Following an artist should be something optional aside from this. 

I have figured out how to organize my music the way I want. I've started using something called Google Play Music 😉

randomguy426346

Spotify tried to fix a problem that didn't exist with the whole "following" feature. It helps absolutely no one and totally ruiend how many people listen to music. It's ridiculous that we're paying for them to take away features and give us **bleep** no one wants. It's been a month and there hasn't been any meaningful update, people just want the features we had one month ago

GrawlixL

One of the copy & paste responses they'd give @SpotifyCares (because they almost exclusively give unhelpful copy & paste responses) is that they're "constantly adding and removing features to make Spotify better" (or however they phrased it).

I've asked multiple times, but never got a response to the question, "when has removing a feature ever made Spotify better?"

MissaM23

I would love for my saved songs to also follow the artist so it can be listed in not only "Artist", but It would also automatically update my "Concerts" section as well. I love this concert feature to know who is coming in to town! An automatic follow of the artists of songs I liked would help tremendpously to keep up with the music i love. 

qualsa

I agree with you. The latest update has really hindered how I use Spotify. When I save things to my library I want to be able to find them easily. The ability to look through artists via what you have saved in my opinion is essential to the way I library works. Having ones you just follow means I have to search via artist name or go through saved songs to find what I'm looking for. Sometimes I don't have a spcific song in mind but I like to look through all the artists I have saved.

nickvaf

Agree with all the above, latest update killed how I use Spotify on desktop and mobile. Very often I want to play all my saved music by artist (not just in 1 album) and search by scrolling through the GRAPHICAL version of artists, not just sorting by artist in the list of songs (which means much more scrolling). The whole merging of saved/liked is fine and changing the tabs in mobile, but searching libraries for existing songs/artists you want to listen to is much more difficult. If you just change the artists page back to showing all artists that are in in saved/liked songs, this would solve 95% of issues people have with the new layout. The new "Artists" page is basically useless, since if you want recommended artists, you already can just click on a particular artist and it gives you the "Fans also like" tab to discover new ones. And following all artists doesn't solve the issue, since I have to do that every time I add a new song to liked, and I don't necessarily want to get notified of new updates.

How is this a new idea, it was fine before the update. Nobody wants to follow an artist just because they like a song or 2 by them.  That’s why we liked just those song. It was easy to navigate to your liked songs that were organized by artist before this terrible update. I don’t want to even pay for premium anymore because of this update and lack of support from Spotify. 

Gackolpz

I dont think this would be the best idea as alot of the time i only like ine or two songs from a band and i dont want to be following a band i dont like. And also my music taste spanss many different artists and i would be following WAY too many people.

I mainley use spotifys auto generated playlist and having a bunch of artists follwed really makes the selection worse.