Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Automatically follow artists whose songs are saved

I went to go to my artists tab on spotify to find ideas for what to listen to today, but it's been utterly butchered with the new update. Now, you have to follow artists individually instead of being able to see the artists of all your liked songs. This is a regressive change, and very inconvenient. I can still go to my own likes songs and sort by artist there to get a list of all my artists, but that's really inconvenient cause I have to scroll through all of the songs by one artist in order to get to the next one. Plus, if I wanna play just my liked songs by an artist, I have to type in the artist's name in my liked songs playlist instead of just going to my artist library and tapping on that artist.  please fix this.

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi everyone.

We're not planning any changes at the moment, but please keep leaving your Likes and we'll come back if we have news.

Comments
HardDriver

I subscribe to both spotify and pandora.  I use pandora for radio, because it is better and spotify radio is horrible and plays the same songs over and over.  But I used spotify for music that I wanted to collect.  I will look at what Pandora offer for that now, they keep pitching me that do all music now.  I will now check out Pandora and see if I should cancel spotify.  Cuttent program was so butchered I can't play an artist that I have spent time liking songs by.  

k38

Sometimes I just want to add one song to my liked list and not follow the artist.  What you're proposing should be optional.

Roflcopteroid

@k38 that actually is what was originally proposed. Spotify staff edited the idea to not fight against their precious new system, even though it became something completely different to what was put forward and voted on.

brooks29

@k38 I agree this should be optional. I have no interest in following every single artist that I've liked a song by. Selectively following artists allows me to filter what shows up in the Artists tab.

However, I am against substantial unannounced changes, such as this one, which make a big impact on users libraries. This change should have been better communicated.

odoggyfresh

I agree I wish it behaved similar to an MP3 collection where "Your Library" includes any songs that you have liked, whether that be by adding a full album or songs individually, and you can sort them by the Artist and Album links (attached). Instead, it seems like we have to "like" each artist or album separately which feels disjointed.

Annotation 2019-09-25 230857.jpg

Travismg79

I thought I was going crazy, my whole library was messed up.  I went to look for artists and there was like 5 listed on my account.  What a horrible update.  You need to make it so that whenever I like a song, it automatically adds the artist to my library.  This is essential functionality.  It should have never been changed.

Goodman
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2019-12-03

Hi everyone.

We're not planning any changes at the moment, but please keep leaving your Likes and we'll come back if we have news.

absalom12

I don't want to have to follow an artist to see them in my list; I really hate this change. The fact that Spotify will also add bonus songs to an album is nice but this means that if I don't want those bonus songs and therefore don't "like" them via the album button the songs and album won't show up in the albums tab, which means I have to go to Liked songs in order to find the actual original album, without all the extra added junk at the end. I've been basically forced to make playlists of the albums I want to listen to if there are extra tracks stuck in that I don't want to hear.

I shouldn't be forced to manually add something that used to be natively supported. I understand why they decoupled the liking of albums and songs, but the way that they did it removed choice rather than added it, because in the process they also changed how they sort and organize the music. Honestly it weren't for the fact that there are other members in my family that still use Spotify I would have stopped paying for it a while ago, because every update seems like it becomes harder to use and make it play the music that I actually want to listen to. What good is a music service that makes you find and save music you like, only to then make you spend extra time later doing their sorting work so you can listen to that music you had already spent time searching and saving to your account?

Deadjim

@Per Is there a reason Spotify devs want to keep the**bleep** and continue to lose customers? Also, who changed the title of the idea? Pretty sure it use to be save artist and not follow. This use to be a music service, not a social media hub. Use to be that everyone i knew used Spotify and it was the leader of the music streaming platform. Now no one i know uses it and every other app seems better and more streamlined in how they work and sort.

KOAR

I second this request! It would make my life so much easier. As long as I can unfollow if they change their style or something.