[Your Music] Categories within Your Library

I love how "Songs" in my library saved all the songs I like. However, I find it difficult to find songs that I feel like hearing within a specific genre (for example, rock or oldies, etc.), and within a time period, such as the songs I have saved in 2017 or during one of my Christmas holidays. Also, I realized I tend to hear songs that are recently added to my library. Therefore, I do not hear songs that I have saved in the past like 2 years ago as often as I used to then. I will need to scroll all the way down to find the songs that I have saved when I first started using Spotify.

I understand that we can create playlists to save all those songs. However, it is such a hassle to add all the songs we like in each playlist. Moreover, we may not even remember which playlists we added our songs into. Therefore, having a more organic categorization where we can easily retrieve songs we like from our library instead of the usual categorization such as "artists" and "albums" will provide more value to the Spotify community.

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.

Comments
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-07-17

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea--we've also updated the title to clarify what you're requesting for other users.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here.