Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).

Collections menu in Your LibraryCollections menu in Your Library

The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists of whole albums. Of course you could just add albums to regular playlists but then it just adds the songs separately, which is messy, so you can't easily see which or how many albums are there in the list or checking if there are missing songs.

You can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlistsYou can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlists

By having album collections we could easily see which albums are added to them and it would make it quicker to select certain albums for downloading by toggling the download button of a collection containing them. We could also re-order the list of albums quicker than re-ordering a simple playlist of consecutive albums broken down to songs.

This would also make it possible to listen to certain albums in a specific or even random order without having to add every album to the queue one by one.

You can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsYou can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsAdding or removing albums from collectionsAdding or removing albums from collections

collections_03.png

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue to pass these along to the right teams.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
madhatpoet

This would certainly make it easier to navigate music that I've saved.

Amirmizi

this will be a dream come true...

orienteer-gb

.....let's hope we don't need to dream too long before it happens!

JimPowell

This is so necessary! The sorting ability in Spotify is horrendous, and something like this would make such a big difference!

Soltaire

Yes, please! 

dochidemo

Would love a feature like this to help organize saved albums better.  My album list is too huge to keep track of what is what, so at least organizing by genre or some recognizable folder or collection structure would be amazing.  

Thanks for the amazing music and your hard work to keep shipping helpful features!

Rafnic

Such a nice idea!! Yesterday I was thinking about this:

I still have my phisical CD library, and I would love to "recreate" this collection on a virtual library. After having this virtual copy of my CD library, I would be ready to "give" my old CDs.

Hoping this get done ASAP!!

cl2solutions

Absolutely love this idea.  I find myself trying to create collections of albums for Christmas music or for different feels.  It would be nice to be able to have a collection of ambient music for each season of the year, or a collection of my favorite songs year after year.  Although, this is somewhat already possible on a computer by putting playlists into a folder and double clicking on the folder, it would be nice for it to evolve into a feature for all platforms.

mdewater

This would be the happiest day of my life. Please please make it happen. Glad to see it's getting a good number of votes too.

As a soundtrack guy, I'd love to be able to go nuts with collections like "Disney Soundtracks", "Marvel Soundtracks", "Experimental Soundtracks", "2018 Soundtracks" etc etc etc. 

icemaker

Great idea. I'm fed up that saving an album adds all its song automatically to my Songs.