Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).

Collections menu in Your LibraryCollections menu in Your Library

The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists of whole albums. Of course you could just add albums to regular playlists but then it just adds the songs separately, which is messy, so you can't easily see which or how many albums are there in the list or checking if there are missing songs.

You can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlistsYou can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlists

By having album collections we could easily see which albums are added to them and it would make it quicker to select certain albums for downloading by toggling the download button of a collection containing them. We could also re-order the list of albums quicker than re-ordering a simple playlist of consecutive albums broken down to songs.

This would also make it possible to listen to certain albums in a specific or even random order without having to add every album to the queue one by one.

You can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsYou can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsAdding or removing albums from collectionsAdding or removing albums from collections

collections_03.png

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue to pass these along to the right teams.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
antoinequach

And also Id like to archive playlists!!

FHell

Sorely needed. Bonus idea: Have an automatically generated "Downloaded Albums" shown on mobile.

No more scrolling through hundreds of albums for the 5-10 I am currently listening to.

Gozander

I wish I could vote more than once for this. It has always been my #1 most desired function for Spotify. It is incredibly frustrating to have to scroll through so many albums every time I want to find an album to listen to, and have no way to view them by category or groupings based on my personal sorting preferences. I have tried to jury-rig a system like this with Playlists and it does not work at all (OP does a perfect job of explaining why it doesn’t work).  Please, please, please add this functionality. I am a long-time paid subscriber and this is an intensely frustrating limitation, especially for an otherwise well-designed product.  

And to the OP - kudos on the excellent mock-ups. You have made Spotify’s job so easy for them that they should just hire you to implement this function! 😉

Elwood_P_Dowd

Wonderful idea!  How do I "vote" for it?

Opportunist

I love this idea, The ability to better manage music and playlists in Spotify is indeed sorely lacking. And this feature would be a great addition to this.

On that subject. A frequent bugbear of mine, and others, is accidentally 'editing' a playlist by deleting or rearranging tracks unintentionally so we are asking for the functionality to be added to be able to toggle playlists between editing and protected/locked mode. We think this feature should be helpful for pretty much everyone but can't seem to drum-up the support to keep the thread alive. So if you have ever been caught out by accidentally clicking on 'Title' and alphabetising your carefully sorted1000 track playlist please pop over to this thread and give your support. Thanks
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Read-only-lock-own-Playlist/idc-p/4412524

remitico

This is definitely a must to have, the current Album feature is useless, I would like to just save my preferred album list, without messing my track list. The two lists should be independent of each other.

ZENINH0

Good idea +1

Rasque

Yes please. I pay premium for this moment.

cashidiamondz

this is exactly what I was looking for. I hope this is something that gets picked up by the design team.

chucktailore

is there a update on this game changer?