Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).

Collections menu in Your LibraryCollections menu in Your Library

The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists of whole albums. Of course you could just add albums to regular playlists but then it just adds the songs separately, which is messy, so you can't easily see which or how many albums are there in the list or checking if there are missing songs.

You can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlistsYou can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlists

By having album collections we could easily see which albums are added to them and it would make it quicker to select certain albums for downloading by toggling the download button of a collection containing them. We could also re-order the list of albums quicker than re-ordering a simple playlist of consecutive albums broken down to songs.

This would also make it possible to listen to certain albums in a specific or even random order without having to add every album to the queue one by one.

You can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsYou can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsAdding or removing albums from collectionsAdding or removing albums from collections

collections_03.png

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue to pass these along to the right teams.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
t_4dvqt8-e9n

Imagine you have a CD or LP collection. You organize it however you want it. As simple as that. This cannot be so complicated, Spotify team! 

t_4dvqt8-e9n

NOT NOW? WHEN?

greenairbum

Can't believe it's not already a thing. Gonna get a different service if I find one with it. 

jojojoseph

Spotify, please add this! This request has been around for years, and I can't believe it still hasn't been implemented. This would bring the user experience to an unparalleled level of excellence

orienteer-gb

Absolutely correct. It's needed, now! 

NutsoBlutso

Admins, any updates on this? Been years since this was posted and it’s still not a feature. This would be the perfect feature, this needs to happen. As others have said, organization, or mild lack there of, is super messy and cluttered. Would be amazing to separate personal albums into “collections”. Already have several personal albums in mind that I’d add to a collection as soon as the feature is implemented.

Snowbrain

Spotify sorely lacks album sorting capability. I want to create album collection folders, by genre or style or whatever. My Spotify album library is a mess of dozens of genres all lumped together. Spotify's sorting tools are pitiful. 

george-eliotttt

I need this feature more than anything in my life

DaniBarca

Yes! Do it! 🙂 Also I would love to have single songs separated from my album list. It's not the same for me to like a song than to like an album.

5-iayyj788_1b

End of 2020 and this still hasnt been implemented? It seems like a relatively simple thing to implement and would definitely make spotify stand out from the crowd...