Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).

Collections menu in Your LibraryCollections menu in Your Library

The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists of whole albums. Of course you could just add albums to regular playlists but then it just adds the songs separately, which is messy, so you can't easily see which or how many albums are there in the list or checking if there are missing songs.

You can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlistsYou can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlists

By having album collections we could easily see which albums are added to them and it would make it quicker to select certain albums for downloading by toggling the download button of a collection containing them. We could also re-order the list of albums quicker than re-ordering a simple playlist of consecutive albums broken down to songs.

This would also make it possible to listen to certain albums in a specific or even random order without having to add every album to the queue one by one.

You can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsYou can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsAdding or removing albums from collectionsAdding or removing albums from collections

collections_03.png

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue to pass these along to the right teams.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
-xSRWx-

I'd like to add another request for this functionality.

I'd like to put together a collection of the albums I think were my most formative, so I can share them with my kids.

theknine2

this feature would literally be game changing! i hope spotify implements this feature, cant imagine it being a difficult feature to implement anyway.

George97

I would find this an exceptionally useful feature.  For those of us who prefer albums to playlists as a mode of listening to music, no way is provided to organize or categorize them.  Playlists in Spotify can be organized into folders, which is incredibly useful if you have numerous of them.  However, there is currently no equivalent in the albums section of the Spotify library.  Personally, I have over 1,000 albums saved, and it feels like a mess having them from all different genres and eras just in one long list.

JoaoMota

The clunky "new playlist folder" feature is a step in a very good direction.

Please implment this for albuns, playlists and podcasts/ebooks, not only on the side bar but also in the main UI. Flexiblity to organise music should be a core function on spotify!

gpdomg

I agree with so many others who have posted here. This is hugely important to those who sort and listen to music by albums. I would use Spotify more often if it had this feature.

williamhtrice

Please please please Spotify implement this feature! Would make Spotify a much more compelling platform for music lovers! 🙏😘

coffeecrazy98

this would be a great addition, to be able to add collections is a throwback to when I collected MP3s, I would save them in collections of albums....let's do it Spotify

foopop

Last update from Spotify: "Updated on 2018-10-03" - Could we have another update!?

It's essentially a playlist on the album rather than level. We need this! Please.

onerserdar

This is so important and valuable feature for organising music. Collections of Albums is a must for Spotify, it is interesting that this is not done until today. Please consider implementation of this feature. Thanks.

JYT70

Please, create this function ! I have hundreds of Albums in my library and it's impossible not to be able to classify them.
If the competition offers this function, I will start from spotify