Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).

Collections menu in Your LibraryCollections menu in Your Library

The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists of whole albums. Of course you could just add albums to regular playlists but then it just adds the songs separately, which is messy, so you can't easily see which or how many albums are there in the list or checking if there are missing songs.

You can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlistsYou can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlists

By having album collections we could easily see which albums are added to them and it would make it quicker to select certain albums for downloading by toggling the download button of a collection containing them. We could also re-order the list of albums quicker than re-ordering a simple playlist of consecutive albums broken down to songs.

This would also make it possible to listen to certain albums in a specific or even random order without having to add every album to the queue one by one.

You can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsYou can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsAdding or removing albums from collectionsAdding or removing albums from collections

collections_03.png

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue to pass these along to the right teams.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
juliaeager

It would be great if we could make 'album lists' containing albums as their own units. I know that we can add entire album tracklists to a playlist, but it would be great to be able to click a 'playlist' and see the album graphics to represent the full album was added, and then choose to listen to one album from there. For example, to classify albums as "Summer Albums" or "Sad Albums" and then be able to open the list and choose one.

Guido
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-01-01

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

EvilHippie

I had this exact idea and wanted to submit it only to find it was already submitted. Please create this. So easy, but so useful. 

DragoCubed

holy cow i cannot believe it has been THREE YEARS. 

MistaBoombastic

Hi,

I don't know if you spotify remember this idea but this would be a real game changer for your app! I just don't even understand why there as been no implementation of this idea since then. 

Thanks!

BaronVonTook

Yes! Help us Spotify! Help us organize our giant album collections!

ajlane60

How many votes does this need for some action?

orienteer-gb

I'm not sure Spotify are looking at the votes. It's a no brainer but they don't seem to understand that making the app better can only be good for business. This feature would not detract from anything else Spotify might want to develop their app to do! 

Jheezee

This would be amazing! Please dear Spotify, this is essential for music freaks. I can't have all my saved albums in just the 'Albums' section, I want able to organize them however I want.

Nivels

The idea is spot on and I don't know much about collections, but if we had the ability to simply add albums to playlists would be awesome. And if i could create multiple playlists of albums then I could have a playlist of my favorite Dylan albums, or Bob Marley albums, or Christmas albums, etc. BIG LIKE!