Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Music] Creating "Collections" of Albums

I have an idea that could make using Spotify better for people who put a lot of effort into managing their music libraries (and for everyone else as well).

Collections menu in Your LibraryCollections menu in Your Library

The idea is simple: Being able to create collections or lists of whole albums. Of course you could just add albums to regular playlists but then it just adds the songs separately, which is messy, so you can't easily see which or how many albums are there in the list or checking if there are missing songs.

You can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlistsYou can add and remove whole albums to collections, much like songs to playlists

By having album collections we could easily see which albums are added to them and it would make it quicker to select certain albums for downloading by toggling the download button of a collection containing them. We could also re-order the list of albums quicker than re-ordering a simple playlist of consecutive albums broken down to songs.

This would also make it possible to listen to certain albums in a specific or even random order without having to add every album to the queue one by one.

You can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsYou can download/un-download every album in the collection with one tap, you can also either play the albums in order or shuffle them, or even shuffle all songs within the albumsAdding or removing albums from collectionsAdding or removing albums from collections

collections_03.png

Updated on 2018-10-03

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' for the time being, as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts, and we'll continue to pass these along to the right teams.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
artur309

I found the idead that come out of me to. and this is from 2017 post and not yet implemented 😞

tk-420

Man, come on. This should be done already. Bread and butter

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

sk101

This is a common-sense feature that would set Spotify apart for music aficionados, power users, and standard users alike. Please continue to lead the way in innovation and make the move, Spotify team!

troylock2016

I have been wanting this for some time!! I always forget about albums I was obsessed with in the last month, because I can only see the stuff I recently played. Please make album collections, Spotify!

pili5

Please make this happen! It's been 4 years since the original post and there is a lot of support from users. 

f1nchy

Collections is a real omission, it would make it really easy to have numerous groups of albums and you just can't do that with playlists. It should be really easy to implement too.

michal2498

I see this idea has been posted many times before but never been implemented - so I write again in hopes that this time it'll get enough support to become a feature of Spotify.

Users save albums to their library for a variety of reasons. For me, those include: I like that album; I want to listen to that album later; I listened once but feel I need to listen again, and many more. So, sometimes I go to my library with a specific intent. For example, when I have free time, I'll sometimes go to my saved albums to listen to an album that I saved for future listening. Other times, I'll go to listen to one of my favorite albums that I've saved for ease of access.

Now here's the problem: I have a lot of saved albums. I like music, and Spotify is a great tool for me to listen to what I like and discover what I didn't know I liked. I also like to stay organized; nearly every single playlist I've made/saved falls into a folder separating it by genre, mood, or time period of my life that I've listened to those songs. Sometimes I go into my saved albums with the intention of finding an album of a specific genre that I've saved for later, and have to scroll through all my saved albums to try and find that, which can be very tough when you have a large collection of saved albums.

What I propose would help me and the millions of other Spotify users stay more organized is to implement folders for saved albums, similar to the folders that are already in place for playlists. For me personally, I'd make a folder for albums that I intend to listen to later, with sub folders organized by rough genre (as, well, I haven't listened to it yet to be able to classify it). But users could use these folders for other means too: to sort albums by mood, by artist, by year, or whatever else they please.

In addition to allowing users more freedom to be organized how they see fit, it would also make the saved albums feature more consistent with the playlists feature on Spotify, which already allows users to organize playlists in folders. I'm honestly not proposing any specifics on how this should be implemented; but in sum, it'd be very useful for me and other users to be able to organize saved albums into different categories for ease of access. I look forward to seeing if other users would be interested in this, and if Spotify would considering adding this feature.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-07-13

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Ver
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-08-11

Hey everyone,

This idea has been inactive for quite a while now.

We've discussed it internally once more and this is not something that we plan on implementing in the foreseeable future and will be setting the status to closed, to match our new Idea Exchange statuses.

More info on why the idea has been closed can be found here.