[Your Music] Folder Organization

Currently, folder creation is limited to playlists. This makes the "Save to Your Music" functionality within Spotify unusable -- a major drag when the only alternative is to save albums as playlists, creating album v. playlist ambiguity within the navbar (see attached image.)

Proposed solution -- as a Spotify user, I should be able to:

• create folders within the “Albums” tab of "Your Music."
  • nest "Albums" folders within one another. 
  • drag-and-drop "Saved" album objects into the folders within "Albums" section of "Your Music."

I wrote about this scope in more detail here.

albumplaylist amiguity in spotify navbar.png
Updated: 2017-01-17

Hey folks, I've had a chat with the Desktop team about this idea. While we are thinking of different ways to curate your saved music we don't have plans for folders at the moment. If this changes or if we have any news around Your Music organization then we'll let you all know here in the Community. Thanks!

Related Ideas

Comments
Abiyoya

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo agree that Folders in Albums are a necessity!!!!!!!!

Now that I have a loooong list of albums, they are all mixed in the list and finding some music for a particular mood (study, morning, upbeat, etc...) is unnecessarily tedious.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Spotify!! Add the same functionality that already exists in Playlist!!!

Rebob

Can you only save music if you are a premium member? I hit "save" and then don't know where to find it.

me__

Please reconsider this. I have all of these albums I want to keep track of, but I just end up removing albums I save because the albums folder becomes too cluttered. I want to create folders like: 

"My Favorite Albums of All Time", "My Favorite Electronic Albums", "Nostalgic Albums", "Albums I Haven't Listened to yet.", "New Albums".... etc... without having to lump all of those songs into one big playlist.

b1nney

It's honestly insane that this feature doesn't exist and that you write it off so blithely... Stuff like this makes me consider cancelling my Spotify account.

davidyork
Gig Goer

Come on Spotify. Why is it taking you so long to come up with a way for people to arrange their albums? Using folders or tagging with genres to allow sorting would make the saving of albums a much more useful thing. Until then, its pretty much necessary to dump albums into playlists if you want to sort them, which defeats the whole point of being able to save albums...

gomeraman
Casual Listener

Apparently, Spotify does not **bleep** about what the users want. I also have the feeling that nobody is available if there are any technical problems. This is really poor for a multi-billion dollar company. We should find more users to support this feature, and be open that we will otherwise cancel our subscription. But to be honest, I think they even would not care if it were several thousand cancelling at the same time. 

gomeraman
Casual Listener

**bleep** = give a s**t 

Schnork

This is so sad. Every few months I check by and think: this is such a basic feature why is it not here jet? If someone doesnt want it, just dont use it.

And realy: I dont want some one else to sort my music for me, i need to do this my self. There is no solution which will fit all. My artists and albums page is basically useless. Creating folders and playlists is just not gonna do the trick.

Comon guys: 87 million users, for sure a capable dev team, what's the big deal?