[Your Music] Folder Organization

Currently, folder creation is limited to playlists. This makes the "Save to Your Music" functionality within Spotify unusable -- a major drag when the only alternative is to save albums as playlists, creating album v. playlist ambiguity within the navbar (see attached image.)

Proposed solution -- as a Spotify user, I should be able to:

• create folders within the “Albums” tab of "Your Music."
  • nest "Albums" folders within one another. 
  • drag-and-drop "Saved" album objects into the folders within "Albums" section of "Your Music."

I wrote about this scope in more detail here.

albumplaylist amiguity in spotify navbar.png
Updated: 2017-01-17

Hey folks, I've had a chat with the Desktop team about this idea. While we are thinking of different ways to curate your saved music we don't have plans for folders at the moment. If this changes or if we have any news around Your Music organization then we'll let you all know here in the Community. Thanks!

Comments
polux3

I'm thinking about stopping my Spotify membership, and going with another music service for that reason.

My album or artists list is way too long, very difficult to browse. It really needs to be organized in folders. I can't believe they are not offering that! Kind of like a kid with hundreds of toys on the floor, but no boxes to put them into...

Also, the app is so slow to get started...

nicolaslambert8
Regular

- Jazz Albums
   - x
   - y

- z

- Pop Albums

- x
   - y

- z

- Simple like that. This is basic! Why isn't this a thing yet? :) ...

For every upvote one baby sloth is born...

To mod: A baby lama will die if this Idea gets dismissed or referred... Give peace a chance mate! (I know the Idea is proposed before but not as clear)

Spoiler

fd48674fda8c9054ec1a766a5d896b9e--no-drama-baby-llama.jpg
fbe97c4c12532c771caa0a40468590fd-1.jpg
Paulo23
Roadie

Do it finally!!

L3an

Thats not great. You need to add folders in order to really organise albums by artist.. no different to doing it physically at home.. it should be a given that spotify have this available. 

sockerollon

I join the choir!

If Spotify really are to replace the album-feel in the livingroom there must be a way to organise the album. Prefereably a shelf-like organisation where I can name every shelf in the way I like. 

Like Pollux3 put it: "Kind of like a kid with hundreds of toys on the floor, but no boxes to put them into..."

Have a nice day!

el-257

Seriously, this is a good idea to sort your albums out like you would a CD collection at home. You're in a hip-hop mood, browse here. you're in a rock mode, browse your collection here. Makes sense.

gomeraman
Casual Listener

I have the feeling that Spotify is not really listening or even caring about what the users what. Organizing albums in folders should not be a very big feature to implement. I will leave Spotify soon because this very basic feature is missing. Other companies are improving their products with new features. Spotify seems to go the other way: They are even removing features. And the Windows client has still some serious bug. I am disappointed.

Marco

Sashole

Ok, so im not the only one this should be standard. I would like to look at my collection with a similar organziation to my case logic cd case back in the day. I just want to see a big list of options organized however i want. I do not want to see on track list lined up one after another while conitnuously scroll and scroll until i find an album i want to listen to.

SolidSnake35
Music Fan

Spotify clearly don't give one toss of a salad about the user interface. A high school student could do better.

SolidSnake35
Music Fan

I also love how you can click Songs and then there's a big Play button at the top. What kind of madman would use that? Oh yeah, screw it. Just give me anything Spotify. I don't care!