Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
robo83

This is beyond stupid. Non-sensical. Having just reached the limit after years of using the 'service' you provide, I'm already looking at alternative options.

Keep limiting the 'service' you provide Spotify, Good job.

*slow-clap*

jackincaves

My routine every week:

• Open up Discover Weekly
  • When something I like comes on, go to the artist page and check out a few more songs
  • If I'm still interested, go to their latest album
  • Hit 'Save'
  • "Epic collection, friend. Your Library is all filled up. To save more, you'll need to remove some songs."
  • Never listen to that band again.

Firstly, don't patronise me. We're not friends.

Secondly, I just don't understand why allowing "less than 1% of users" to save 100k songs instead of 10k would be to the detriment of the other 99% of users.

noidontwantto

Guys! We did it! This thread is now 300 pages long.

To commemorate this event, Spotify has a special offer: 3 months free of Apple Music for new subscribers, including a 100,000 song library limit there! 

As a reminder: Google's limit is 50,000, Amazon's is unlimited. All these services cost the same as Spotify and have the same catalog. (Actually I've found that Apple's is better for some recordings.)

In the years and years since this thread was started, with its insulting response from Spotify, and the insulting error message that introduces you to this limitation in the first place, Spotify has made it clear that they NEVER intend to fix this problem.

Go. Go now. Leave this thread, and never look back. We've done all we can here.

I ain't mad at ya, Spotify. We are blessed to be living in the era of unlimited music access... And for many years, you were a great provider of that service. But it's over now, we're all going elsewhere for bigger libraries (and better mp3 integration, car integration, better apps, better library management overall, fewer unnecessary features, etc. etc.). Farewell Spotify! Hope your profitability numbers start moving in the right direction and you find a way to acquire users other than partnering up with completely unrelated companies like credit cards and mobile carriers. 

You got there first, but you're obviously not best. 

mully26

Just reached the 10k limit. I've been a customer since pretty much the start (a paying customer) - I've seen the service develop from a cool program into an industry behemoth. This is genuinely enough of an issue to make me leave the service and look elsewhere -  your patronising support response doesn't ameliorate the problem either. 

This thread has over 300 pages now, 300 pages of dissatisfied users. What's more, this 1% of users that you openly claim not to care about are the people who were using your service the most. 

Spotify Connect is almost magical in its speed and reliability, your programs and apps have slick designs and work well. You obviously have a talented team up there in Spotify HQ. How hard can it be to program an increase from 10k to 100k or 500k in Your Music? Each playlist can have 10,000 songs and as far as I'm aware there isn't a limit to how many playlists someone can have. So it isn't a data storage issue. It's only metadata, right? 

I'm leaving spotify, reluctantly. Please, please understand how important this issue is to the users it concerns.

RB712

The limit should be increased in benefit of that (relatively) low percentage of users, which are in fact A LOT of people.

Spotify is supposed to offer a service for listening to a lot of music. Actually that's pretty much how it is selled, as a "you can listen to millions of songs" service.

Whats the point of having Spottify if you can't have playlists to listen to all the (available) music that you want to?

Before people started using this kind of music streaming services, no body limited their music experience in limiting the number of mp3 songs, CD's bought or any other way.

And does in some way this mean that if we (users) are a minority when experiencing any kind of experience-limitating problem, we should expect no help?

WingedRabbit

I totally understand, that you don't want to jeopardize the user experience for 99% of your users. Makes total sense.

But I really don't see how increasing the Your Music limit could have any adverse effect for the 99%? They wouldn't even notice the difference.

And since its only 1% of users that reach this amount of songs it probably won't tax performance in any noticable way right?

Removing this limit would really be super-cool move and a huge plus for any serious music lover. Come on, Spotify, you got street cred to loose here! Stay cool!

gobertoratti

Wait a minute... why should having an unlimited library be an "ok" experience instead of a great one, while having a limit consists in a great one? 

I can understand your point if you tell me "look... the costs for an unlimited library are way too high for us to go for it", but please don't tell me it is about experience 😄

Akr6666

Quite simply, SHAME ON YOU SPOTIFY for ignoring your loyal customers,  probably only us reading this thread nonetheless......

Love the comment below re the 2005 Ipod holding more songs than the limit. Laughed so hard!

Adios spotify!

Mylanok

Just wanted to let you know I stopped using Spotify 1 year and 2 months ago because of this **bleep**y limit. I wanted to know if something changed, obviously it did not.

I switched to Google Music and it's great so far.

Run away from spotify.

saulstenbak

There are tons of albums that I like and would like to save in my music. It is frustrating that I can only save so many.

This has got to be an easy fix. **bleep** Spotify