Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Your Library] Increase maximum Songs allowed in Your Music

I feel like the maximum amount of songs allowed in one playlist, and subsequently in "Songs" playlist under the new "Collections" feature, should be more than 10,000.

Quite frankly it should be unlimited. 

We are paying for a service but limited on how many songs we are able to save? That is absurd to me.

I recently started saving all of my albums into "Collections" and got stuck at about 1/4 of the way through - 10,000 songs has been reached and I am no longer able to save any more albums.

PLEASE INCREASE MAX NUMBER OF SONGS IN COLLECTION FEATURE!!!

WHAT IS A COLLECTION IF YOU HAVE TO LIMIT YOUR TASTE???

Updated on 2020-05-26

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Idea Exchange.

We're excited to be marking this idea as implemented!
We've now removed the limit on saved items in Your Library, making it possible to save songs, and albums on Spotify to your heart's content.

As the app has changed quite a bit since this idea was submitted, please be aware that some functionality is now different. This change does not impact the limit on the number of songs in a playlist other than your Liked Songs.

For more info, check out this blog post.

Comments
Anamon

@ignmuniz wrote:

It shouldn't matter if it's only 1% of the users. Having a limit on music library doesn't seem so "premium" after all. Besides, you should be concerned about the user experience of big music fans, who after all certainly provide most of the plays on your your platform, thus most of your profit.

Actually, I think Spotify's business model makes their profits really only depend on the Free/Premium user ratio, since they pay out a fixed share as royalties.

As Premium is a flat free, they would never earn more money off of more plays anyway – more likely it would be the opposite.

I'm sure this is one of the main reasons why this issue has such low (or no) priority at Spotify. Heavy users are much more complicated to satisfy, without being more profitable.

alien236

And I'm still failing to understand how removing this stupid limit would adversely impact the other 99% of users in any way.

old_pink

That 99% statistic is complete bs. Pls drop the limit. I’m about to switch to apple. 

devalias

It’s 2018, arbitrary limits should not be a thing, particularly in cases like this..

Implement a feature flipped ability to go beyond this limit. Enable it on a per premium customer basis when they complain about it. Easy win without largely increasing risk while designing how it would safely work across all users.

awagley

This has been an issue for more than 4 years which is quite disapointing to be honest. Seriously considering canceling.

awagley

And I also fail to understand how would removing the limit affect in a bad way the rest of the users

Tyranosaurus

I am actively looking for a new alternative to Spotify for this alone. This limit is arbitrary and useless. Expect to lose a customer shortly.

PaulMac

So not a single update from Spotify all year on one of the longest threads in the entire history of this forum. What's the point in this place even existing? I guess it seemed like an "epic" idea at the time. 

Phantis

Maybe once we hit 1k comments we will get more due attention to this problem.  Or maybe when we get 10k votes...

asavagecomposer
We shouldn't need that much attention to get something done.